Middle School Physical Education
Physical education at the middle school level provides opportunities for all students to acquire knowledge and movement skills related to an active healthy lifestyle. The curriculum includes a wide variety of exploratory activities.
High School Physical Education
Freshman and sophomore physical education is an introduction to new physical skills appropriate to team and individual sports. Sports with appropriate lifetime carryover value are reviewed from middle school learning with emphasis being placed upon aquatics (swimming).
Goals of the Physical Education Program
- Students will demonstrate competency in many movement forms and proficiency in a few movement forms.
- Students will apply movement concepts and principles to the learning and development of motor skills.
- Students will exhibit a physically active lifestyle.
- Students will achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical fitness.
- Students will demonstrate responsible personal and social behavior in physical activity settings.
- Students will understand and respect the differences among people in physical activity settings.
- Students will understand that physical activity provides opportunities for enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and social interaction.
For more information about the SASD Physical Education curriculum contact:
Coordinator of Physical Education