The Board of Education approved the 2011-2012 budget at the board meeting on October 25, 2011. Review the budget presentation.
The Sheboygan Area School District received less state aid then was projected on July 1 by the Department of Public Instruction. This decrease caused a shift to the tax levy which equates to a 29 cent increase to $11.70 per $1,000 of property value. (Note: this varies by municipality)
Key Points from the Budget Presentation:
State aids were reduced by $7,594,649 (-10.5%).
Revenue cap limit was decreased by $7,108,704 (-6.56%).
$89,087 shifted to local taxpayers.
Board of Education has implemented $13.6 million of budget reductions to balance this budget (total of $26.3 million over three years).
The Board of Education is challenged to be fiscally responsive to local taxpayers while maintaining quality educational programs for students.
Information regarding the creation of the 2011-12 Budget:
Related Budget Documents:
- Summary of the Budget Repair Bill
- View the budget reduction summary (staff) of the last two years (2009-10 & 2010-11)
- View the budget reductions implemented in the last two years
- Read the Education Portions of the Proposed 2011-12 State Budget
- SASD timeline to develop a preliminary balanced 2011-2012 budget
Note: These links go to PDF documents, which requires the free Adobe Reader to view.