Families who choose the Early Learning Center have a lot to be proud of in their school.
Here are some of the school's proudest achievements:
- In 2002-03 the school receives a $23,800.00 Reading Takes You Places Coca-Cola Reading Is Fundamental grant. The grant provided 14 classroom collections of 100-120 books each that students can check out to read with their families at home.
- In 2001-02 the district completed a program review of the four-year-old kindergarten program. An external review team headed by Barbara Manthei, Family Literacy Coordinator, Office of the Governor wrote in their report, "It is a model program and one of very few public early childhood programs."
- 1998-99 The Early Learning Center was featured in the fall 1998 issue of "Successful School Practices," which is published by Educational Research Service. The article, entitled "Early Learning Center Support Families and Children," discusses the school's focus on the family as a child's first and most important teacher.
- In 1997-98 The Early Learning Center was one of forty model schools featured at the Sixth-Annual Model Schools Conference sponsored by the International Center for Leadership in Education, Inc.
- 1997-98 The Early Learning Center sectional presentation at the National Association of Elementary School Principals.
- 1995-96 The Early Learning Center is one of seven midwestern early childhood schools featured on the North Central Educational Laboratory's audio tape series, "Strengthening Families: Working Together for Better Outcomes."
- 1995-96 The Early Learning Center's work featured at the roundtable presentation at the National Association of Elementary School Principals.
- 1994-95 The Governor's Office on Family Literacy Kick-Off held at the Early Learning Center.
- 1991-94 The Sheboygan Area School District purchases a Piggly Wiggly grocery store to house the Early Learning Center students and in 1993 purchases the remainder of the strip mall that contained the grocery store. The renovation of the strip mall begins on April 9, 1994 and moves to this new location on October 31, 1994.
- 1991-92 The Early Learning Center was selected as the Wisconsin North Central Regional Educational Laboratory study site.
- 1991-92 The addition of St. Cyril & Methodius School building to the Early Learning Center's program.
- 1989-90 The Early Learning Center begins at the St. Clement's School building.