Any student who lives within the Sheboygan Area School District has the opportunity to apply to attend any of the district schools through our School Choice enrollment process.
Note: Non-residents may apply through the Wisconsin Public School Open Enrollment process, but will be considered after district resident applications are processed. Once open enrolled, students may remain in the district.
To Request a Transfer from one school to another school within our district:
- Complete the Intradistrict/Charter School Transfer Request form.
- Return Intradistrict/Charter School Transfer Request form during the school choice period of December 1 through February 15 to: Asst. Superintendent – Dept. of Student and Instructional Services, 830 Virginia Ave, Sheboygan, WI 53081
In consultation with the elementary and secondary principals, the Assistant Superintendent – Dept. of Student and Instructional Services will establish space availability for individual grade levels and buildings beyond which no incoming transfer students will be accepted.
Transfers requests will be processed on a random selection basis. If the transfer request is approved, your child can remain at the school until the highest grade level of that school is completed.
Priorities for School Placement:
- Students who reside in the school’s attendance area.
- Non-neighborhood students who attended the requested school last year and have received approval for transfer by the Assistant Superintendent.
- Siblings of students attending the school of choice.
- New intradistrict transfer requests received by February 15.
Transfer requests are approved with the understanding that the parent/guardian is responsible for transportation and the child will remain at the school requested for the entire year. The schools also expect that students maintain good attendance, appropriate behavior, and be successful in their school. Violations of these conditions will result in the termination of the transfer approval.
The District will notify parents of acceptance or denial of transfer requests no later than March 30.
Intradistrict/Charter Transfer Requests received February 15 will be placed on a waiting list. Starting May 1, the students on the waiting list will be accepted on space availability, in the order applications were received.
CO-CURRICULAR HIGH SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
Students entering high school as ninth graders are eligible to participate in co-curricular activities providing they follow the WIAA guidelines.