Open Enrollment

OPEN ENROLLMENT for Students Living Outside the Sheboygan Area School District

Parents have a right to request their children attend a different school district other than where they reside through the Wisconsin Open Enrollment Program. The Open Enrollment program allows students outside the Sheboygan Area School District to enroll in our schools without paying tuition.

Applications will be accepted online staring on the first Monday in February through April 30.

Application period for the 2017-18 school year - February 6 - April 28, 2017

Click Here for Online Application (on the DPI website)  
*The application is only available during the application window*


Open Enrollment Alternative Application

If you need assistance filling out your online application or need use of a computer, assistance will be available at the Sheboygan Area School District Administrative Office, 830 Virginia Avenue, Sheboygan. Please call ahead to 459-6751.

Open Enrollment requests are reviewed by the Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association (WIAA) in regard to player eligibility. Review WIAA Eligibility/Transfer Rules

Tuition Waived: Due To Move Program 
A parent/guardian may request to have their child continue in our district even though they have moved outside our district during a school year. This type of request will fall under the State of Wisconsin’s Tuition Waived: Due to Move. The parent/guardian must write a letter requesting approval to remain in the school district and should submit requests to the Assistant Superintendent of Student and Instructional Services.

Questions about Open Enrollment?
Contact Cathy at (920) 459-6751 or

  • Sheboygan Area School District
  • 830 Virginia Ave Sheboygan, WI 53081
  • Phone: (920) 459-3500 Fax: (920) 459-6487