Sheboygan Firefighters donate winter coats to our program.
Parents and Students - Are you experiencing issues related to housing or other related living arrangements?
The Sheboygan Area School District, through the McKinney-Vento Homeless Act, may be of assistance if a student is living under the following conditions:
- "Doubled-up living", with friends or relatives due to economic or other hardship.
- Living in shelters or transitional housing
- Teens who "couch surf", temporarily staying at friends' homes.
- Runaway youth
- Living in motels or campgrounds
- Children and youth awaiting foster care placement
Students may be assisted in the following ways:
- Free hot lunch program
- Waiver of registration fees
- Assistance with school supplies
- Transportation to and from school
The McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act and the Sheboygan Area School District Board of Education policy 5111.01 ensure the educational rights for students who are homeless.
This program is governed by federal law.
Please contact your child's school or
SASD Homeless Support
(920) 946-0479 | email@example.com
EHCY Program Contact