Farnsworth’s Co-Curricular Program
Our middle school co-curricular program encourages all students to participate regardless of their skill level or prior experience. The program:
- Is an extension of classroom instruction that allows students to explore interest areas to a greater extent.
- Is founded on the development of good sportsmanship, responsibility, service, and enrichment.
- Has a wide range of activities designed to meet the needs and interests of our students.
- Provides a healthy level of competition without over-emphasizing winning.
- Provides a supervised environment to ensure a safe, positive, fun-filled experience.
- Challenges all students to try new activities without the fear of being “put down.”
- Promotes the growth of self-confidence and the development of a positive self-image.
Our program of co-curricular activities covers a wide range of interest areas: fine arts, intramurals, clubs, service, and enrichment, all at no cost. We are very proud of our program and especially proud of the fact that over 75% of our students participate in one or more of our activities.
Most of our activities meet after school until 4:00 p.m. We never offer activities on Wednesdays because of the early release. Some activities meet four times a week, while others meet only once. Student can join an activity at any time.
|Basketball - Boys||October-November||Gym (West)||Mr. Binder|
|Basketball - Girls||October-November||Gym (East)||Ms. Glanert|
|Debate - website||September-October||Room 206||Ms. Towne|
|Talent Show||October-November||Cafeteria||Ms. Rogler|
|Math Club||Winter||Room 195|
|Indoor Hockey||January-February||Gym||Mr. Meyer
|Chess Club||Winter||Room 213||TBD|
|Science Fair||Winter||Rooms 194 & 012||Mr. Kulow
|Drama/School Play||February-April||Cafeteria/Room 113||Ms. Roehl|
|Pom Pons||April-May||Gym (East)||Ms. Glanert
|Softball - Boys||May-June||Outside||Mr. Binder|
|Softball - Girls||May-June||Outside||Ms. Hranicka
|Alternative Music||All Year||Room 113||Ms. Oftendahl|
|Art Club||Tuesdays, Sept-Feb||Room 130|
|Horticulture Club||Spring||Rooms 305 & 310||Mr. Kainz
|Fitness Center||All Year||Room 160|
|Jazz Band||All Year||Room 114||Mrs. Kolar|
|Leadership Club||All Year||Room 315||Ms. Glanert|
|Light Busters||All Year||Room 305||Mr. Kainz|
|Memory Book||Room 210||Ms. Rogler
|All Year||Room 108||Ms. Wetzel|
|International Club||All Year||Room 204||Ms. Henschel|
|Stage Crew||All Year||Room 122||Mr. Ellis|
|Student Council - Website||All Year||Room 207||Mr. Binder
|Yearbook||All Year||Room 211||Ms. Rogler|
|Dates and advisors subject to change.|