To develop a smaller, family-like atmosphere, all students belong to a team. The team approach organizes students and teachers into smaller learning communities which help students get to know their teachers and each other. Common planning periods and team meetings are opportunities for teachers to plan instruction and discuss issues concerning students on their team.
Exploring new interests
Students are exposed to new courses in middle school through the Allied Arts program, a wide variety of courses in art, music, health, physical education, business, technology, family and consumer education, communication arts, and world languages. Students also are encouraged to get involved by participating in one of the many after school activities. Not only are students learning new skills, they are developing teamwork and cooperation skills and building confidence and self-esteem. Visit our Activities page for a full listing.
Communicating with families
Regular communication between school and families is essential for student success.
- Farnsworth publishes a parent newsletter five times a year to keep parents up-to-date on what’s happening at school.
- Parent-teacher conferences are scheduled several times per year.
- Standard Score is an online tool that gives parents the opportunity to check up on their child's academic performance (updated bi-weekly)
- Teachers record homework assignments for the week on the Online Homework Calendars.
- Many teachers or teams have webpages with news and information about their classes and suggested websites to visit for enrichment activities.
If you have any questions about Farnsworth Middle School or would like to set up a personal tour, please call our school office at (920) 459-3655. We welcome you to join our school community!