Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
January 28, 2013
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on February 6, 2013. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applicants should provide the following to ensure consideration:
• letter of application
• district classified application
SECRETARY - SUBSTITUTE CALLER (JOB GRADE 7)
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Only applicants who meet all of the minimum qualifications will be considered.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Two-year Administrative Assistant Program or similar training in administrative secretarial courses.
3. Pleasant personality in dealing with staff and the public.
4. Must have extensive knowledge of and be able to utilize computers. Must have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook programs as well as be able to learn new software.
5. Effective language and communication skills required.
6. Demonstration of being reliable and dependable based on attendance.
7. Ability to write and/or create correspondence letters, brochures, handbooks, and newsletters within a specific timeline.
8. Must be able to organize and prioritize workloads and demonstrate flexibility in dealing with assigned responsibilities.
9. Must be able to be self-motivated and willing to handle tasks as they present themselves.
10. Must have a sincere interest in the welfare of young people.
This position will involve 30 hours per week, 12 months per year. The starting rate for this position is $14.90 per hour. Prorated benefits. As a part of the interview process the candidate will be expected to job shadow one day starting at 5:30 a.m. The hours of work for this position are:
School Year: 5:30 - 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday with some flexibility to
work occasional evening hours
Summer School Session: 6:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
This position is responsible for securing substitute/reserves for teachers, educational assistants, and hearing interpreters. Will process paperwork for all summer school employees and substitutes. Work with area universities arranging student-teacher placements within District schools. Must be pleasant in working with staff and the public. Maintain a good working relationship with substitutes and present a positive image for the District. Responsibilities include maintaining various substitute lists, maintaining substitute records, preparing necessary documents, filing, licensing for long-term substitutes, and student-teacher placements. Handle voicemail and e-mail messages on a daily basis. Responsible for keeping substitute website up to date with forms and information. Publish a substitute newsletter and arrange substitute training workshops. Other duties as assigned by administrators/supervisor.