Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
November 27, 2013
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on December 9, 2013. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applicants should provide the following to ensure consideration:
• cover letter
• district classified application
SPECIAL EDUCATION ONE-TO-ONE (EBD) EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT
HORACE MANN MIDDLE SCHOOL
1. Minimum of two years of college (48 college credits) or an associate degree.
2. Wisconsin DPI Special Education certification #883 (or certifiable).
3. Must possess basic computer and word processing skills.
4. Ability to work with teachers and students in the academic classroom, as part of the special education team, one-on-one, and in small tutoring groups.
5. Ability to be a well organized, self-motivated, and able to relate well with middle school students and staff.
6. Experience working with special needs students and knowledge of behavioral approaches is preferred.
7. Assist teacher in providing instruction to individual and groups of students, and supervising classroom activities for example: must be able to model correct language techniques, grammar, and articulation as well as correct reading miscues.
8. Ability to work as a team member.
9. Knowledge of/willing to learn behavioral interventions (i.e. Love and Logic, PBIS).
10. Ability to diffuse difficult situations and problem solve with kids.
11. Ability to supervise students in classrooms, hallways, playground, and throughout the building.
12. Must be CPI trained or willing to be trained.
13. Bus duty (riding the bus with students) may be required.
This position will involve 7.0 hours per day, Monday through Friday during the school year. The starting rate for this position is $11.37 per hour. Prorated benefits.
This position will involve working primarily with an EBD student. Assist with daily classroom activities and educational requirements. Should be sensitive to individual needs, able to relate well to several teachers and students, and knowledgeable in all academic areas. Prepare materials and perform required paperwork. Bus duty may be required. Other duties as assigned by the teacher or administrator.