Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
August 1, 2014
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on August 21, 2014. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applications will be accepted only through the Wisconsin Education Career Access Network (WECAN). Go to: http://services.education.wisc.edu/wecan/pub/ss_vList.cfm?inst=7342 to view the vacancy and to submit your application materials.
SPECIAL EDUCATION (CROSS-CATEGORICAL) EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT
FARNSWORTH MIDDLE SCHOOL
1. Minimum of two years of college (48 college credits) or an associate degree.
2. Wisconsin DPI Special Education certification #883 (or certifiable).
3. Must possess basic computer and word processing skills.
4. Ability to be a well organized, self-motivated, and able to relate well with middle school students and staff.
5. Ability to work comfortably with middle school age students.
6. Must be able to assist students with physical needs (lifting, hygiene, etc.).
7. Assist teacher in providing instruction to individual and groups of students, and supervising classroom activities for example: must be able to model correct language techniques, grammar, and articulation as well as correct reading miscues.
8. Ability to work cooperatively with special education and regular classroom teachers as well as small group and one-to-one student instruction (under the direction of classroom and special education teachers).
9. Ability to work well as a team member.
10. Knowledge of/willing to learn behavioral interventions (i.e. Love and Logic, PBIS).
11. Bus duty (riding the bus with students) may be required.
12. Must be CPI (Non-Violent Crisis Intervention) trained or willing to be trained.
This position will involve 7.0 hours per day, Monday through Friday during the school year. The starting rate for this position is $11.50 per hour. Prorated benefits.
Supervise and work with students throughout the building. Work closely with an autistic student, including documentation of the student’s behavioral program under the direction of the teacher. Assist with assignment modification when necessary. On a rotating basis, provide supervision of and processing for behavioral needs of students, according to IEP specifications. Maintain a positive demeanor even when behaviors escalate or stressful situations occur. Duties may also include clerical tasks and other duties as assigned by the teacher or administrator.