Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
July 23, 2014
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on August 4, 2014. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applicants should provide the following to ensure consideration:
• cover letter
• district classified application
EARLY LEARNING CENTER
1. Minimum of two years of college (48 college credits) or an associate degree.
2. Ability to ride the bus with students.
3. Must have prior experience working with young children.
4. Ability to help four- and five-year-old children learn appropriate bus behavior.
5. Assist teacher in providing instruction to individual and groups of students, and supervising classroom activities for example: must be able to model correct language techniques, grammar, and articulation as well as correct reading miscues.
6. Good communication skills.
7. Ability to work independently and with bus drivers and school staff.
8. Knowledge or willingness to learn basic skills to assist ill or injured children.
9. Ability to follow directions given by immediate supervisor in a school setting.
10. Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Hmong skills desirable, but not required.
11. Will be trained in CPI if needed.
This position will involve approximately 5.25 hours per day, 4 days per week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday). The position begins and ends at Prigge’s Bus Depot. The position consists of accompanying students to school and returning them home at the end of the school day. The employee will assist in a classroom between arrival and dismissal. Hours are 11:15 a.m. until approximately 4:30 p.m. The starting rate for this position is $11.50 per hour. There are prorated benefits with this position.
ESSENTIAL BUS FUNCTIONS:
Keep children safe on the bus. Help children sit quietly on the bus and use appropriate discipline procedures when needed. Knowledge or willingness to learn assertive discipline procedures. Help children who become sick or injured. Help bus driver in an emergency. Tell school staff about any problems on the bus. Provide own transportation to Prigge’s Bus Depot where bus routes begin and end.
ESSENTIAL CLASSROOM FUNCTIONS:
Assist with arrival and departure procedures, which may include breakfast and lunch duties. Provide moderate assistance with self-care tasks (excludes diapering). Complete housekeeping duties in the classroom as needed or directed by the teacher. Work directly with children, with or without special needs, in one-to-one, small, or large group settings as directed by the teacher. Relate and communicate effectively with a wide variety of students, staff, and family members as well as work cooperatively as part of a team. Model appropriate behavior, language, and social interactions. Perform other duties as assigned by the administrator.