Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
March 3, 2014
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on March 12, 2014. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applicants should provide the following to ensure consideration:
• cover letter
• district classified application
EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT FOR NURSING SERVICES
1. Minimum of two years of college (48 college credits) or an associate degree.
2. Wisconsin DPI Special Education certification #883 (or certifiable).
3. Must provide own vehicle and be able to travel between multiple buildings.
4. Must possess proficient computer and word processing skills.
5. Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
6. Must be an independent worker with excellent organizational skills.
7. Must have an ability to work with students with special needs and medically fragile students.
8. Must be certified in CPR and First Aid.
9. Must be trained or willing to be trained in tube feedings, catheterization, and diabetic care.
10. Willing to be trained in hearing and vision screening to perform follow up screenings.
11. Ability to work well as a team member.
12. Will be trained in CPI (Non-Violent Crisis Intervention) if needed.
This position will involve 8.0 hours per day, Monday through Friday during the school year. The starting rate for this position is $11.37 per hour.
Assist and support the District school nurses with student care, documentation, medication administration, trouble- shooting, and coverage. Should be sensitive to individual needs, able to relate well to staff and students, be in good physical condition, and be flexible and reliable. Other duties may be assigned by the school nurses or the coordinator of student services and special education.