Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
August 5, 2014
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on August 12, 2014. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applications will be accepted only through the Wisconsin Education Career Access Network (WECAN). Go to: http://services.education.wisc.edu/wecan/pub/ss_vList.cfm?inst=7342 to view the vacancy and to submit your application materials.
WILSON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
1. Minimum of two years of college (48 credits) or an associate degree.
2. Experience working with young children in the classroom.
3. Assist teacher in providing instruction to individual and groups of students, and supervising classroom activities for example: must be able to model correct language techniques, grammar, and articulation as well as correct reading miscues.
4. Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
5. Ability to work independently and exhibit self-initiative.
6. Ability to relate and communicate effectively with a wide variety of students, staff, and family members as well as work cooperatively as part of a team.
7. Ability to work individually with small groups of students in various academic and vocational areas.
8. Ability to supervise students in non-classroom settings such as hallways and study hall.
9. Will be trained in CPI (Non-Violent Crisis Intervention) if needed.
This position will involve 7.0 hours per day, 5 days per week during the school year. The starting rate for this position is $11.50 per hour. Prorated benefits.
Work with students in art, music, and physical education classes in one-to-one, small, or large group settings as directed by the specialist teachers. Provide supervision of students during breakfast prior to school starting. Perform other duties as assigned by the administrator.