Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
August 28, 2014
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on September 8, 2014. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applications will be accepted only through the Wisconsin Education Career Access Network (WECAN). Go to: http://services.education.wisc.edu/wecan/pub/ss_vList.cfm?inst=7342 to view the vacancy and to submit your application materials.
REGULAR EDUCATION EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT
- 2 PSOITIONS
JACKSON AND PIGEON RIVER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
1. Minimum of two years of college (48 credits) or an associate degree.
2. Ability to work with small instruction groups.
3. Experience working with Macintosh computers.
4. Working knowledge of a variety of software programs.
5. Assist teacher in providing instruction to individual and groups of students, and supervising classroom activities for example: must be able to model correct language techniques, grammar, and articulation as well as correct reading miscues.
6. Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
7. Must have a strong ability in math.
8. Experience working with children is desirable.
9. Early Success or SOAR to SUCCESS Trained or willing to be trained.
10. Bus duty (riding the bus with students) may be required.
11. Must be CPI trained or willing to be trained.
These positions will involve 7.0 hours per day, Monday through Friday during the school year. The starting rate for these positions is $11.50 per hour.
Work under the direct supervision of several teachers. Experience with CWD students who are included in the regular classroom. Correct assignments on an as needed basis. Assist students during classroom instruction. Willingness to be trained in special reading, math and writing programs. May be assigned other duties such as recess/lunch/hall supervision as required by teachers or administration. Other duties as assigned by the administrator.