Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
January 28, 2014
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on February 11, 2014. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applicants should provide the following to ensure consideration:
• cover letter
• district classified application
READING INTERVENTIONIST EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT
SHERIDAN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
1. Must possess a four-year bachelor degree.
2. Possess a degree in education or have prior experience in education preferred.
3. Ability to speak Spanish and English is preferred.
4. Previous experience working with EC - grade 5 children.
5. Experience supporting teacher developed activities utilizing the reading strategies of phonics/phonemic awareness, comprehension, fluency, vocabulary development, and writing.
6. Ability to orally read elementary literature with fluency and expression.
7. Experience following classroom behavior management plans of individual teachers.
8. Experience motivating large and small groups of students of varying abilities and diverse populations.
9. Experience monitoring large and small groups of students.
10. Ability to model personal enjoyment of reading.
11. Effective interpersonal communication skills.
12. Experience adhering to a rigid schedule.
13. Ability to carry out assigned responsibilities with minimum assistance.
14. Trained or willing to be trained in SOAR to Success or other early intervention programming, 6-Trait Writing, Junior Great Books, and Phonemic Awareness.
15. Must be CPI trained or willing to be trained.
This position will involve 7.0 hours per day, 5 days per week during the school year. The starting rate for this position is $11.37 per hour. Prorated benefits.
Supervise students and implement duties assigned by the reading interventionist. Perform duties as assigned by the reading interventionist and principal. Ability to supervise children in non-classroom settings such as the cafeteria, hallways, and playground. Bus duty may be assigned. Other duties as assigned by the administrator.