Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
July 25, 2014
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on August 6, 2014. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applications will be accepted only through the Wisconsin Education Career Access Network (WECAN). Go to: http://services.education.wisc.edu/wecan/pub/ss_vList.cfm?inst=7342 to view the vacancy and to submit your application materials.
NORTH HIGH SCHOOL
1. Minimum of two years of college (48 college credits) or an associate degree.
2. Must be willing to support the North High School vision and core beliefs.
3. Must be willing to make decisions in the best interest of students and staff, and demonstrate the ability to adapt, collaborate, and flourish in an ever-changing educational environment.
4. Must possess outstanding communication skills with students and colleagues.
5. Ability to maintain a professional relationship with co-workers; consistently keep people informed and share ideas.
6. Must possess the desire and willingness to meet the needs of all students.
7. Must possess knowledge or experience with computer programs.
8. Ability to remain flexible in working with students’ needs and teachers’ requests for assistance or student intervention.
9. Must demonstrate the ability to relate to a wide variety of students, including those with disabilities.
10. Must have excellent student rapport and a willingness to support students on a daily basis.
11. Ability to lead both small groups and large groups of students.
12. Must be knowledgeable in the utilization of effective behavior management strategies.
13. Ability to self-monitor and prioritize the daily/weekly duties of the position with little supervision.
14. Must be Non-Violent Crisis Prevention (CPI) trained or willing to be trained.
This position will involve 7.5 hours per day, Monday through Friday during the school year. The starting rate for this position is $11.50 per hour.
Monitor students during study hall periods, provide academic assistance to students, and ensure a safe and orderly learning environment. Facilitate a dynamic study hall environment that is conducive to learning. Maintain accurate attendance records; including the student check-in and checkout log system. Regularly communicate with all stakeholders regarding the needs of students. Maintain appropriate discipline and enforce study hall rules and guidelines. Work with administration to prevent discipline problems. Provide assistance with students’ homework questions using various instructional strategies. Use data and progress monitoring tools to determine successes or needed modifications to individual remediation strategies. Work with numerous North High School learning communities to create positive relationships of learning between individual students, facilitators, and tutors. Support the academic, social-emotional, behavioral, and post-secondary transition needs of students as an interventionist/mentor.