Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
September 12, 2013
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on September 23, 2013. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applicants should provide the following to ensure consideration:
• cover letter
• district classified application
• copy of Wisconsin nursing license
DISTRICT SCHOOL NURSE
1. Must have a bachelor’s degree in nursing as required by Wisconsin Statute, Chapter 441, Wisconsin Administrative code and be licensed as a registered nurse in the state of Wisconsin.
2. Must take or have taken a DPI (Department of Public Instruction) approved course in public community health and be a licensed registered nurse through the Department of Safety and Professional Services (DSPS).
3. Current certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
4. Experience in working with children who have special needs.
5. Experience in working with patients needing catheterization, g-tube feedings, or diabetic cares.
6. Must provide own vehicle and be able to travel between multiple buildings.
7. Must be flexible and reliable.
8. Certified CPR/FA Instructor preferred.
The position would be for 8 hours per day, Monday through Friday, for 195 days per school year. Work time could include some late afternoon and evening activities.
The school nurse strengthens and facilitates the educational process by preventing, modifying, or removing health-related barriers to learning in individual students and promotes an optimal level of wellness for students and staff. This nurse assumes responsibility for appropriate assessment, planning, intervention, evaluation, management, and/or referral activities. He/she acts as a link between physicians, families, and community agencies to assure access and continuity of health care for students, parents, staff, and others concerning health-related issues. The school nurse upholds professional standards, the State Nurse Practice Act, as well as other state and local statues and regulations applicable to school nursing practice. He/she adheres to district policies and administrative guidelines. May be assigned other duties by the district nursing supervisor.