Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
September 25, 2013
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resourcesby 4:00 p.m. on October 11, 2013. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
The following administrative vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District.
COORDINATOR OF ASSESSMENT
1. Must hold appropriate certification from the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction as a Director of Instruction (10) and/or Building Principal (51).
2. Desired experience and training: Collection, analysis, and interpretation of data to evaluate academic and operational effectiveness; Demonstrated success at leading continuous improvement efforts including the establishment of data priorities to raise student achievement; Facilitation of professional development sessions; Ability to identify and/or develop formative and summative assessments.
3. Special requirement of the position: Strong leadership skills, ability to collaborate, analytical creative problem solving ability, self-directed decision-making tasks, ability to develop and manage budgets, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
4. Alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board of Education may find appropriate and acceptable.
• Assists building administrators and teachers in the collection and analysis of data to evaluate academic and operational effectiveness.
• Ability to design and implement a systematic program and/or district initiative evaluation system to ensure effectiveness.
• Serves as and carries out the responsibilities of being the district’s DAC (District Assessment Coordinator).
• Facilitates the implementation of all assessment and accountability activities throughout the district.
• Provides analysis and interpretation of assessment results to the schools and the School Board.
• Develops and facilitates professional development activities regarding accountability, assessment literacy, and the use of assessment results to make instructional decisions.
• Collaborates with instructional staff in the development and support of school-based formative assessments.
• Collaborates with Instructional Technology and Information Services to improve and consolidate systems for assessment and data collection.
• Demonstrates positive interpersonal relationships with staff, administrators, parents and community.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of staff members and the general public.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Promotes appropriate and ethical assessment practices with the district.
• Demonstrated expertise in common descriptive statistics utilized by educators in interpreting and understanding achievement results of students, schools and programs.
• Requires a demonstrated work history of handling confidential student materials.
• Support the implementation of the district’s Student Learning Plan.
• Performs all other responsibilities as assigned or self-initiated.
1. Twelve-month contract.
2. Salary commensurates with experience.
Applications will be accepted only through the Wisconsin Education Career Access Network (WECAN). Go to: http://services.education.wisc.edu/wecan/pub/vList.cfm?inst=7342 to view the vacancy and to submit your application materials. All applications must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. on October 11, 2013.
1. The Sheboygan Area School District is located on the western shores of Lake Michigan approximately halfway between Milwaukee and Green Bay and has an excellent reputation as a community and as a leader in education. It has:
Two Senior High Schools (9-12)
Nine Charter Schools (K-12)
Three Middle Schools (6-8)
Eleven Elementary Schools (K-5)
An Early Learning Center
An Administrative Building
2. The Sheboygan Area School District has a projected enrollment of 10,000 students for the 2013-2014 school year. The District offers a full range of educational opportunities for children.
3. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.