Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
October 2, 2013
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
The following administrative vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District.
1. Must be Wisconsin DPI certified or eligible to be certified as a school psychologist.
2. Have teaching experience at the elementary or secondary level is desirable.
3. Must be trained as a Level One Coaching Certification within the first three years of employment.
4. Experience with Response to Intervention and Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports desirable.
1. Conduct Psycho-Educational Evaluations for initial special education identification and re-evaluations when required.
2. Consult with teacher(s) and other personnel working with children referred for evaluation.
3. Score/interpret results of evaluations; prepare reports and develop recommendations.
4. Discuss evaluation results with child, teacher, parent, and administrator as appropriate to develop appropriate educational programming for students.
5. Case manages initial IEP evaluation team meetings, facilitate interaction of parents and staff, and explain results and recommendations to parents, complete recommendation to parents and recommendation form.
6. Complete final IEP Team reports, collect reports, and submit IEP Team reports to the Coordinator of Special Education.
7. Consult with teacher(s) and administrator(s) to discuss student learning, behavior, and social/emotional difficulties.
8. Form and implement behavior and academic intervention plans.
9. Familiarize oneself with current policies and procedures in the area of special education.
10. Prepare and deliver presentations on various topics regarding child development, family dynamics, and education to parent groups, PTA/PTO’s, community organizations, etc.
11. Relate to parents and the general public in a positive, supportive way.
12. Serve as a member of the building level problem solving team.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Twelve-month contract.
2. Salary commensurate with experience.
Applications will be accepted only through the Wisconsin Education Career Access Network (WECAN). Go to: http://services.education.wisc.edu/wecan/pub/vList.cfm?inst=7342 to view the vacancy and to submit your application materials.
1. The Sheboygan Area School District is located on the western shore of Lake Michigan approximately halfway between Milwaukee and Green Bay and has an excellent reputation as a community and as a leader in education. It has:
Two Senior High Schools (9-12)
Nine Charter Schools
Three Middle Schools (6-8)
Eleven Elementary Schools (K-5)
An Early Learning Center
An Administrative Building
2. The Sheboygan Area School District has a projected enrollment of 10,000 students for the 2013-2014 school year.
3. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.