Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
November 12, 2013
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on November 20, 2013. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applicants should provide the following to ensure consideration:
• cover letter
• district classified application
NIGHT FOREMAN CUSTODIAN (C-3)
URBAN MIDDLE SCHOOL
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Performance of head custodian duty of directing a building cleaning schedule or the documentation of one or more years experience in the development and coordination of employee schedules (including designing employee schedules, extra assignments, organizing work assignments, and prioritizing needs).
3. Ability to demonstrate and identify the key components of a hot water or steam boiler system or completion of a boiler class.
4. Ability to demonstrate the identification of proper preventive maintenance procedures, minor servicing and troubleshooting of building HVAC systems or completion of HVAC training courses.
5. Experience with and the ability to identify cleaning procedures for classrooms, offices, bathrooms, carpet and hard floors.
6. Experience with and the ability to operate all custodial equipment including automatic scrubber, rotary scrubber, vacuum cleaner, and carpet extractor.
7. Ability to use hand and power tools.
8. Custodial/maintenance experience including minor building repair.
9. Ability to demonstrate and perform minimal servicing skills in troubleshooting of electrical systems and ability to identify replacement of correct bulbs.
10. Ability to demonstrate and perform minimal servicing skills in troubleshooting plumbing systems.
11. Ability to demonstrate the proper day/night setting as per the Sheboygan Area School District policy using time clocks and Automatic Logic Control System.
12. Demonstration of being reliable and dependable based on attendance.
13. Participate in workshops/courses/sessions related to custodial duties.
14. Experience related to working with minimal supervision, being a self-starter, and taking initiative.
15. Available to work additional hours including special events, weekend events, and building checks.
16. Able to lift 40-pound weight overhead, unassisted. Must be able to work in confined spaces or elevated positions (scaffold, extension ladder, etc.).
The hours for this position are eight hours per day, 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. (includes paid lunch in which employee cannot leave the building), Monday through Friday with flexibility of hours during the summer. The starting rate for this position is $16.50 per hour.
Daily maintenance and building repairs. Setup and breakdown of nightly events. Shovel snow, sand and salt sidewalks and drives.
Click here for a Position Description.