Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
October 8, 2012
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on October 16, 2012. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applicants should provide the following to ensure consideration:
• letter of application
FACILITIES MANAGEMENT SERVICES
(Only applicants who meet all of the minimum qualifications will be considered.)
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Custodial training or work experience with custodial duties.
3. Experience or training with hand and power tools.
4. Ability to set up and operate all floor/carpet cleaning equipment, lawn mowers, and snow removal equipment.
5. Ability to demonstrate and perform minimal servicing skills in troubleshooting of plumbing and electrical systems.
6. Mechanically inclined, with the ability to perform minor repairs.
7. Ability to communicate with building principal, staff, students, and others.
8. Ability to work as a team member.
9. Conflict resolution ability.
10. Demonstration of being reliable and dependable based on attendance.
11. Experience related to working with minimal supervision, being a self-starter, and taking the initiative.
12. Must be able to lift a forty- (40) pound weight overhead unassisted. Must be able to work in confined spaces or elevated positions (scaffold, extension ladders, etc.) and work outdoors in all seasons.
The approximate working hours are 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. or 3:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m., Monday through Sunday on an as needed basis. The rate of pay for this position is $12.00 per hour. This is a substitute custodian position and the duration of each assignment will vary from four to eight hour per assignment at multiple buildings. There are no benefits with this position.
Cleaning classrooms, washrooms, and hallways at assigned buildings. Replacing filters and custodial maintenance. Snow removal and lawn care. Opening facilities for activities.