Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
September 12, 2013
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on September 23, 2013. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applicants should provide the following to ensure consideration:
• cover letter
• district classified application
1. Minimum of two years of college (48 college credits) or an associate degree.
2. Two-year associate degree in police science or a Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology preferred.
3. Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license to transport students to and from school, to high school, and other integrated classes. Employment is contingent upon District’s insurance carrier approving insurability due to past and future driving record.
4. Must be proficient with computers.
5. Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
6. Must possess interpersonal communication skills.
7. Ability to work as a team member.
8. Must be CPI trained or willing to be trained.
9. Supervise students on bus routes.
10. Availability to participate in occasional evening school events.
This position will involve 8 hours per day, Monday through Friday during the school year. The starting rate for this position is $11.50 per hour. If the successful candidate possesses at least a two-year associate degree in police science or a Bachelor of Arts degree in psychology, then the starting rate of pay is $14.22 per hour.
Ability to interact with students, staff, parents, and visitors. Ability to work with various ethnic groups and students with special needs. Have a working knowledge of adolescent behavior. Participate in District PBIS initiatives as it relates to Tower Academy. Participate in morning staff meetings. Communicate with onsite County social workers. Monitor halls, exits, bathrooms, parking lots, and overall school campus. Maintain records of individual student contacts. Assist school administration, school resource officer, and school security officer. Supervise co-curricular school activities and lunch periods. Assist in emergency situations. Perform other duties as assigned by the administrator.