Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
January 29, 2013
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on February 12, 2013. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
BUILDING TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT
FARNSWORTH MIDDLE SCHOOL
1. Minimum of two years of college (48 college credits) or an associate degree.
2. Excellent interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written) and organizational skills.
3. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of operating system(s), Apple and Microsoft application software packages, and basic Internet use and configuration knowledge.
4. Experience monitoring large and small groups of students.
5. Must demonstrate strong team/project management skills.
6. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
7. Must be familiar with or have prior experience supporting technology in an educational setting.
8. Possess a background or training in educational software applications.
9. Must possess excellent problem solving skills and have willingness to learn and acquire new skills.
10. Must have the ability to use technology to complete daily and assigned tasks appropriate to the position.
11. Must have the ability to management and balance time and responsibilities between multiple assignments.
12. Ability to provide assistance with and troubleshoot computer problems for the building.
13. Must serve as building technologist, which includes maintaining a record of service, working with the on-line work order system, and PC Support and Electronics departments.
14. To provide a building point of contact for technology service requests, administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of operating system(s), hardware, applications, and peripheral technologies.
15. Perform regularly scheduled and necessary system software and application software updates.
16. Configure workstations to interface peripherals and network services.
17. Provide hardware and software technical support to end-users.
18. Demonstrate skills in evaluations and assessments as provided by Technology Services.
19. Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair common system and application software problems. Must be willing to participate in technology training throughout the school year.
The position will involve 7.0 hours per day, 5 days per week during the school year. The starting rate for this position is $14.22 per hour. Prorated benefits.
This position will be responsible for support of district wide technology initiatives at the building level for students and staff to facilitate an effective academic computing environment. This position facilitates a key role in overseeing day-to-day personal computer operations, as well as hardware and software functionality.
Maintain an accurate and up to date inventory of all building computer related equipment in electronic format. Advise users on methods to avoid computer downtime or loss of information. Assist computer support staff by accurately reporting and describing computer related problems detailing steps taken prior to issuing a service request. Create work order requests in an accurate and concise manner ensuring they are directed to the appropriate support area. Maintain schedule and logs of all service requests issued. Create network-based users on building servers and assist existing and new staff with configuring email and software preferences. Maintain security and integrity of individual and district level passwords. Attend regularly scheduled training sessions and maintain the building technologist’s binder with up to date information. Provide documentation of completed processes and responsibilities in electronic format. Assist Technology Services staff by prepping computers for updates and installations when asked to do so, including booting up and logging in as needed. Perform other duties as assigned by the IMC Specialist or building administrator.