Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
July 2, 2014
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on July 15, 2014. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applicants should provide the following to ensure consideration:
• cover letter
• district classified application
BILINGUAL (DUAL LANGUAGE - SPANISH) EUDCATIONAL ASSISTANT
SHERIDAN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
1. Minimum of two years of college (48 college credits) or an associate degree.
2. Experience working with young children in the classroom.
3. Ability to speak Spanish and English required.
4. Ability to prepare instructional materials and assist the teacher in providing instruction to individual and groups of students and supervising classroom activities.
5. Possess computer skills.
6. Ability to work independently and exhibit self-initiative.
7. Ability to relate and communicate effectively with a wide variety of students, staff, and family members as well as work cooperatively as part of a team.
8. Assist teacher in providing instruction to individual and groups of students, and supervising classroom activities for example: must be able to model correct language techniques, grammar, and articulation.
9. Availability to participate in occasional evening school events.
10. Bus duty (riding the bus with students) may be required.
11. Will be trained in CPI (Non-Violent Crisis Intervention) if needed.
The position involves 7.0 hours per day, Monday through Friday, during the school year. The pay range for this position is $13.20 per hour. Prorated benefits.
Work directly with elementary children in bilingual Spanish classroom. Work with students in one-to-one, small, or large group settings as directed by the teacher. Bus duty may be assigned. Perform other duties as assigned by the administrator.