Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
August 28, 2014
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on September 8, 2014. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applications will be accepted only through the Wisconsin Education Career Access Network (WECAN). Go to: http://services.education.wisc.edu/wecan/pub/ss_vList.cfm?inst=7342 to view the vacancy and to submit your application materials.
TITLE I EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT
SHERIDAN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
1. Minimum of two years of college (48 college credits) or an associate degree.
2. Must be able to demonstrate technology skills.
3. Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
4. Assist teacher in providing instruction to individual and groups of students, and supervising classroom activities for example: must be able to model correct language techniques, grammar, and articulation as well as correct reading miscues.
5. Ability to assist students in math and reading.
6. Must have prior experience working with fourth and fifth grade students.
7. Bus duty (riding the bus with students) may be required.
8. Recess duty will be required.
9. Will be trained in CPI if needed.
This position will involve 7.0 hours per day, 5 days per week during the school year. The starting rate for this position is $11.50 per hour. Prorated benefits.
Work cooperatively with classroom teachers; assist with supervision of students, and individual and small group instruction under the direction of the classroom teachers. May be assigned other duties as required by the teacher. Work with Title I identified students and small instruction groups. A daily schedule of work assignments and/or a daily log of duties performed may be required by the Title I coordinator as documentation for federal and state audits. Other duties as assigned by the administrator.