Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
October 17, 2013
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on October 28, 2013. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applicants should provide the following to ensure consideration:
• cover letter
• district classified application
PARENTING LAB EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT
CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL
1. Minimum of two years of college (48 college credits) or an associate degree.
2. Ability to speak and write in English and Hmong or Spanish helpful.
3. Continuing education in childcare certification required. Certification must include Infants/Toddler Certification as a Child Care Worker 1. Child Care Worker II preferred or willing to complete.
4. Wisconsin DPI Special Education Certification #883 or certifiable.
5. Previous experience working with children age birth to five individually or in groups.
6. Able to work as a team member and independently to create a safe, comfortable, and creative environment that promotes development and learning.
7. Assist in providing instruction to individual and groups of students, and supervising lab activities; for example, must be able to model correct language techniques, grammar, and articulation.
8. Able to assist in the design and implementation of children’s curriculum and parent and child activities, modifying plans to meet special needs.
9. Interest in special needs of teen parents, able to build rapport and monitor high school parenting curriculum completion.
10. Must demonstrate understanding of and responsiveness to cultural and linguistic diversity.
11. Ability to maintain records.
12. Must be in good physical condition, able to lift up to 50 pounds.
13. Computer skills desirable.
This position will involve 7.5 hours per day, five days per week during the school year. The rate of pay for this position is $11.37 per hour.
Assist in the day-to-day parenting lab program, including planning, leading activities, preparation, set-up, follow through, and clean up, meeting the needs of young children ages two weeks to five years and for their parents. Maintain records including attendance, daily charts (diapering, bottle/spoon feeding times, naps, etc.), and student files. Build rapport with teen parents, model appropriate parenting skills. Attend staff meetings, in-services, and/or professional development activities as required. Other duties as assigned by the administrator.