Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
December 11, 2013
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on January 2, 2014. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applicants should provide the following to ensure consideration:
• cover letter
• district classified application
SPECIAL EDUCATION (CROSS-CATEGORICAL) EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT
SHERIDAN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
1. Minimum of two years of college (48 college credits) or an associate degree.
2. Must hold Wisconsin DPI Special Education Certification #883 or be certifiable.
3. Ability to speak and write Spanish and English desired.
4. Prefer someone who is computer literate.
5. Ability to work with teachers and students in the academic classroom, as part of the special education team, one-on-one, and in small tutoring groups.
6. Ability to work with students with special needs at the elementary level in an integrated model.
7. Assist teacher in providing instruction to individual and groups of students, and supervising classroom activities for example: must be able to model correct language techniques, grammar, and articulation as well as correct reading miscues.
8. Ability to work as a team member.
9. Ability to diffuse difficult situations and problem solve with students.
10. Ability to supervise students in classrooms, hallways, playground, lunchroom, and throughout the building.
11. Ability to organize and play games with students on the playground during recess.
12. CPI trained or willing to be trained.
13. Bus duty (riding the bus with students) may be required.
14. Ability to perform additional tasks to support student learning.
This position will involve 7.0 hours per day, 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., five days per week during the school year. The starting rate for this position is $11.37 per hour. Prorated benefits.
Assist with daily classroom activities and educational requirements. Should be sensitive to individual needs, able to relate well to several teachers and students, and knowledgeable in all academic areas. Prepare materials and perform required paperwork. Bus duty may be required. Other duties as assigned by the teacher or administrator.