Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
September 3, 2014
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on September 17, 2014. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
HIGH SCHOOL SECURITY OFFICER
MIDDLE SCHOOL SECURITY OFFICER
Report to the building principal.
To assist in providing supervision and security measures during regular school days and at school events as coordinated by the high school principal, high school associate principals, middle school principal, or middle school assistant principal. To identify and assist school visitors in a positive manner.
1. Assist in providing daily supervision and security measures for the high schools and middle schools including the buildings, grounds, parking lots, and at special events.
2. Supervision of building and grounds before and after school.
3. Perform regular checks of bathrooms, gym, swimming pool, and outside grounds. Work to resolve any security issues such as graffiti, drugs or tobacco product evidence, and damage to school property.
4. Assist to intervene when negative behaviors are observed, tobacco use on school grounds is observed or suspected, drug or alcohol use is observed or suspected, and when students are out of or suspected to be out of assigned classes.
5. Assist to intervene when “gang” type behaviors or evidence is observed or suspected.
6. Assist to intervene if vehicles are unauthorized or parked in an illegal manner on school premises.
7. Assist the School Resource Officer with Canine Unit locker searches.
8. Assist the School Resource Officer in the performance of his/her duties.
9. Assist with crime prevention programs as directed by the high school or middle school administration.
10. Assist the Sheboygan Police Department with supervision during student lunch hours in primary and secondary zones. This supervision may include the use of a police radio.
11. Assist with emergency drills and respond as trained in actual emergencies. These situations are fire, tornado, and other emergencies.
12. Assist with other supervision or security duties as assisted by the high school or middle school principal, head security person, or assistant principal for campus security, which may include weeknights, holidays, and weekends.
1. Must possess a willingness to be trained in security intervention techniques and use such training with proficiency.
2. Education and Experience:
• Possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Certified in law enforcement or experience as a law enforcement officer.
3. Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• Pass the physical fitness test requirement for the High School and Middle School Security Assistant position.
• Ability to handle confidential information.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with high school students, middle school students, staff, and the public.
• Possess such alternatives to the above qualifications as the District may find appropriate and acceptable.
The physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position classification must perform in carrying out essential job functions.
Persons performing service in this position classification will occasionally exert 50 pounds of force and frequently exert 20-40 pounds of force. This type of work involves constant movement within the work area and will involve walking or standing for extended periods of time.
Perceiving the nature of sound, near and far vision, depth perception, providing oral information, the manual dexterity to operate business related equipment, and handle work with various materials and objects are important aspects of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
At will employment set forth by an individual letter of employment and any subsequent addenda thereto.