Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
May 14, 2014
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on May 28, 2014. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applications will be accepted only through the Wisconsin Education Career Access Network (WECAN). Go to: http://services.education.wisc.edu/wecan/pub/vList.cfm?inst=7342 to view the vacancy and to submit your application materials.
INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY TRAINER
INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY DEPARTMENT
1. Must have a 4-year college degree in related field.
2. Previous teaching experience at the elementary level desired.
3. Ability to distill technical content into creative, informative learning materials including screen casts, posted lessons, written agendas, and various other medias.
4. Must possess excellent public speaking skills.
5. Must have an enthusiasm and passion for the role of technology in teaching and learning.
6. Must be knowledgeable of best practices regarding technology integration in the classroom.
7. Be an advocate for the role “choice” and “publishing authentic work” have in personalized learning.
8. Must have an understanding of the importance of engaged learners.
9. Have ability to adapt training to various learning styles and skill sets.
10. Must be comfortable in a Mac and PC environment.
11. Must have expertise with mobile devices, apps, and the cloud.
12. Must be able to adapt to new technology methodologies at a very rapid pace.
13. Must be able to work outside the regular school day.
14. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
15. Ability to work independently and/or as part of a collaborative team.
16. High level of customer service orientation.
17. Experience in course development and instructional design using emerging technologies.
The salary for this position is between $48,000 and $55,000. This is a 12-month position with a benefit package. This position will begin July 1, 2014.
The Instructional Technology Trainer is responsible for a variety of initiatives, primarily focused on the professional development of teachers and support staff in the area of technology integration in the classroom. This role reports to the Coordinator of Instructional Technology. The Instructional Technology Trainer:
• Conducts on-site and off-site classes for teachers and support staff in the area of technology integration, including hardware and software instruction.
• Consults with personnel during team meetings and through digital means to meet staff training needs.
• Meets weekly with Instructional Technology Team to discuss staff learning and support requirements.
• Develops a system for regular feedback from staff regarding the support from the Instructional Technology Department.
• Plans trainings according to staff needs and the SASD Technology Plan.
• Stays current on training and support trends related to the one-to-one deployment of technology within a school setting.
• Demonstrates problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and focus on quality.
• Provides peer reviews and balanced feedback of training design and content.
• Collaborates with teachers to design integrated technology instruction that promotes 21st century learning.
• Relates to parents and the general public in a positive, supportive way.
• Performs other duties as assigned.