Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
March 28, 2013
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on May 3, 2013. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
The following Administrative Vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District.
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
JAMES MADISON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
1. A minimum of five years of teaching experience at the elementary level.
2. A Master's Degree with coursework in school administration.
3. Must be Wisconsin DPI certified as a school principal.
4. Experience with and knowledge of educational standards, assessing student progress, developing and implementing intervention programs to meet student needs.
5. Experience in administering special education and minorities programs and site-based management strategies.
6. Knowledge of the uses of technology to increase student achievement.
7. Strong background knowledge of how to implement a PLC process, RTI and PBIS.
1. Creates a climate for mutual trust and respect among students and staff.
2. Promotes an environment in which student safety is paramount.
3. Inculcates the foundations of mutual respect for colleagues and for law throughout the organization.
4. Ability to demonstrate a student first attitude.
5. Meets commitments, verbal, written, and implied without exception.
6. Able to maintain self-control in difficult situations.
7. Routinely shares examples of specific leadership, teaching, and curriculum strategies that are associated with improved student achievement.
8. Demonstrates clear evidence of the use of data from the state, district, building, and classroom to make specific and observable changes in teaching, curriculum, and leadership decisions.
9. The vision and mission of the leader and the school are visible.
10. The principal is visible to students, staff, and parents.
11. The principal helps assistant administrators become ready to assume leadership roles.
12. Knowledge of school budgets and understanding of district funding.
13. Understands the importance of supervision and evaluations and the positive impact this has for students.
14. Strong commitment to communicating with parents, students, staff, and community.
1. Eleven-month contract.
2. Salary commensurate with experience.
Applications will be accepted only through the Wisconsin Education Career Access Network (WECAN). Go to: http://services.education.wisc.edu/wecan to view the vacancy and to submit your application materials. All applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, transcript(s), and letters of recommendation by 4:00 p.m. on May 3, 2013.
1. The Sheboygan Area School District is located on the western shores of Lake Michigan approximately halfway between Milwaukee and Green Bay and has an excellent reputation as a community and as a leader in education. It has:
Two Senior High Schools (9-12)
Eleven Charter Schools (K-12)
Three Middle Schools (6-8)
Eleven Elementary Schools (K-5)
An Early Learning Center
An Administrative Building
2. James Madison Elementary School has a projected enrollment of 300 students for 2013-2014. The District offers a full range of educational opportunities for children.
3. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.