Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
November 26, 2013
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on December 16, 2013. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applicants should provide the following to ensure consideration:
• cover letter
• district classified application
PERSONAL COMPUTER SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES
1. Two-year degree in a technology related field or three or more years related work experience.
2. Must hold a valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license to perform building service visits. Employment is contingent upon District’s insurance carrier approving insurability due to past and future driving record.
3. Ability to install, maintain, and provide technical support for Mac/Windows hardware.
4. Working knowledge of all Mac OS and Windows XP/7 operating systems.
5. Extensive knowledge of Apple and Microsoft application software packages.
6. Working knowledge of Apple and Microsoft application software packages.
7. Must possess basic Internet use and configuration knowledge.
8. Must have strong team/project management skills.
9. Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
DESIRED TRAINING/AND OR EXPERIENCE:
1. Three or more years work experience supporting technology in an educational setting.
2. Working knowledge of Mac/Windows 2010 network environment.
3. Mac/Windows related hardware certifications.
4. Working knowledge of the Casper Suite management system.
This position will involve 8 hours per day, Monday through Friday. The starting rate for this 12-month position is $19.93 per hour.
Inventory new equipment. Unpack and setup workstations and related peripherals. Install, configure, and maintain system operating system software and related utilities. Install, configure, and maintain Pre K-12/Administrative application software bundles. Configure workstations to interface peripherals, network services, and mainframe systems. Provide hardware and software technical support to end-users. Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair common hardware and software problems. Advise users on methods to avoid computer downtime or loss of information. Assist in the configuration and maintenance of building servers and networks. Assist Help Desk Support Specialist in response to technical support calls. Setup and maintain Nutritional Service computers and applications. Setup and maintain Library Automation computers and applications. Maintain schedule and logs of all service requests in assigned buildings. Other duties as assigned by supervisors.