Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
July 22, 2014
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on July 30, 2014. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applicants should provide the following to ensure consideration:
• cover letter
• district classified application
SECRETARY - SUBSTITUTE CALLER (Job Grade 7)
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Two-year Administrative Assistant Program or similar secretarial training.
3. Pleasant personality in dealing with staff and the public.
4. Must have extensive knowledge of and be able to utilize computers. Must have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook programs, and able to learn new software (Skyward within the next year).
5. Effective language and communication skills required.
6. Demonstration of being reliable and dependable based on attendance.
7. Ability to write and/or create correspondence letters, brochures, handbooks, and newsletters within a specific timeline.
8. Must be able to organize and prioritize workloads and demonstrate flexibility in dealing with assigned responsibilities.
9. Must be able to be self-motivated and willing to handle tasks as they present themselves.
10. Must have a sincere interest in the welfare of young people.
This position will involve 8.0 hours per day, 12 months per year. The starting rate for this position is $13.25 per hour. The hours of work for this position are 6:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday with some flexibility to work occasional evening hours.
This position is responsible for securing substitutes for teachers, educational assistants, and hearing interpreters using Aesop software. Will process paperwork for all substitutes and summer school employees. Work with area universities arranging student-teacher placements within District schools. Must be pleasant in working with staff and the public. Maintain a good working relationship with substitutes and present a positive image for the District. Responsibilities include maintaining various substitute lists, maintaining substitute records, preparing necessary documents, filing, licensing for substitutes, and student-teacher placements. Support teacher evaluation process. Regularly handle voicemail and email messages. Responsible for keeping substitute website up to date with forms and information. Publish a substitute newsletter and arrange substitute-training workshops. Other duties as assigned by administrators/supervisor.