Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
April 23, 2014
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on May 5, 2014. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applicants should provide the following to ensure consideration:
• cover letter
• district classified application
SECRETARY (Job Grade 7)
LONGFELLOW ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Previous successful secretarial experience.
3. Experience and ability to use Outlook, and Microsoft Office: Excel and Word, which include creating reports, collecting/processing data, and processing work orders.
4. Ability to manage the daily operations of the school lunch program.
5. Ability to work successfully with constant interruptions.
6. Experience and ability to demonstrate the organization and prioritization of job responsibilities as well as being flexible.
7. Experience and ability to produce error-free documents that demonstrates correct grammar and sentence construction, attention to detail, proper layout, proofreading, and editing.
8. Ability to collect, process, and prepare state and year-end reports.
9. Ability to distribute student medication and assist/monitor the student health room.
10. Knowledge and experience with the WUFAR and Rayalco systems for purchasing, attendance, and budgeting with the ability to manage the building’s budget.
11. Experience and ability to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications.
12. Ability to learn the duties of co-workers in order to ensure team success.
13. Ability to maintain daily attendance reports and notification associated with pupil attendance.
14. Ability to order bus transportation for fieldtrips throughout the school year.
15. Ability and experience in maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
16. Ability to demonstrate effective working relationships with staff, students, parents, and the community in a positive manner.
17. Ability to recognize problems and take the initiative to solve them.
18. Ability to perform other duties as assigned by the building administrator and head secretary.
This position will involve 5.0 hours per day, Monday through Friday, 10 months per year (August 15 through June 15). The starting rate for this position is $13.25 per hour.