Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
August 20, 2014
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on September 2, 2014. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applications will be accepted only through the Wisconsin Education Career Access Network (WECAN). Go to: http://services.education.wisc.edu/wecan/pub/vList.cfm?inst=7342 to view the vacancy and to submit your application materials.
DATA COACH - 2 POSITIONS
CONTINUATION OF THESE POSITIONS IS BASED ON FUTURE FUNDING
1. Must hold a Wisconsin DPI teaching license.
2. Must have a minimum of five years successful teaching experience.
3. Candidates also must demonstrate knowledge of and experience in:
• Analyzing data and adopting an effective course of action on the basis of the data
• Using the district data system to analyze student data and prepare statistical reports
• Curriculum and program development
• Providing professional development for teachers
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others
• Identifying and using evidence-based instructional practices.
4. Candidates should have strong oral and written communication skills and be able to work independently.
5. Experience as a literacy or math coach or instructional leadership team member is a plus.
Meet weekly with the principal to review the school’s progress of data-driven instruction implementation and to plan future data-driven instruction activities. Conduct data analysis to assess student strengths and weaknesses and, correspondingly those of individual teachers and the school as a whole. Plan for the school leadership team meetings. Facilitate and participate in school leadership team meetings (including training and technical assistance sessions). Establish and maintain a professional development area/resource room for teachers containing data-driven instruction resources, including data walls. Develop a set of data displays, available in the resource room and throughout the school. Assist teachers in creating data displays in their classrooms. Plan for teacher collaboration teams meetings, including developing meeting agendas and materials to be used in the meetings. Facilitate and participate in the teacher collaboration team meetings. Work with teachers one-on-one, observe teachers in their classrooms, provide feedback and instructional guidance, and model instructional practices. Work with individual teachers (as well as teacher collaboration teams) to help them understand their student data and how it relates to their instruction. Review relevant research, including original research and research summaries (such as What Works Clearinghouse practice guides), and make them available to teachers.
The Sheboygan Area School District is a strong advocate of best practice. Our District educational goals are centered on a Professional Learning Community model. We further support our PLC process with Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports (PBIS), Response to Intervention (RtI), and 21st Century Skills. Successful candidate(s) for employment in our District need to have a strong working knowledge of the above listed best practice concepts that are the centerpieces of our District goals.