Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
August 14, 2013
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resourcesby 4:00 p.m. on August 22, 2013. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applications will be accepted only through the Wisconsin Education Career Access Network (WECAN). Go to: http://services.education.wisc.edu/wecan/pub/vList.cfm?inst=7342 to view the vacancy and to submit your application materials.
SCIENCE TEACHER, GRADES 9-12 - 20% POSITION
1. Must be Wisconsin DPI certified Biology/Life Science (605), or reciprocal equivalent to teach science, or met the requirements to be certified as a Charter School Teacher (951).
2. Evidence of knowledge and application of or willingness to become knowledgeable with application in the following topics over the next three years: Multiple Intelligences, Making Thinking Visible, Teaching for Understanding, and Project Based Learning, Advisory and Guided Discipline.
3. Strong communications skills, both written and oral, as they apply to parents and fellow staff members.
4. Ability and willingness to work in a collegial setting with staff.
5. Evidence of successful parent involvement strategies.
6. Evidence of commitment to own professional growth.
7. Have training/experience in working with CWD and ELL students in an integrated setting.
8. Willingness to be involved in extended-day teaching activities and/or programs.
The IDEAS Academy (grades 9-12) is a public charter school within the Sheboygan Area School District. It uses a progressive approach to education using Project Based Learning within the context of critical and creative thinking and a culture of decency and trust. More information can me found at www.ideasacademy.org.