Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
July 24, 2014
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resourcesby 4:00 p.m. on July 31, 2014. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applications will be accepted only through the Wisconsin Education Career Access Network (WECAN). Go to: http://services.education.wisc.edu/wecan/pub/vList.cfm?inst=7342 to view the vacancy and to submit your application materials.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION/HEALTH TEACHER - 80% POSITION
THE MOSAIC SCHOOL
1. Must be Wisconsin DPI certified in Physical Education and Health, grades 6-12 or meet the requirements to be certified as a Charter School Teacher (951).
2. Additional certification in Adaptive Physical Education (860) preferred.
3. Evidence of knowledge and application of or willingness to become knowledgeable with application in the following topics over the next three years: Making Thinking Visible, Advisory, Guided Discipline, Reaching and Engaging All Learners, and Project Based Learning.
4. Strong communications skills, both written and oral, as they apply to parents and fellow staff members.
5. Ability and willingness to work in a collegial setting with staff.
6. Evidence of successful parent involvement strategies.
7. Evidence of commitment to own professional growth.
8. Have training/experience in working with CWD and ELL students in an integrated setting.
9. Willingness to be involved in extended-day teaching activities and/or programs.
The Mosaic School is a grades 6-8 public charter school in the SASD. The Mosaic School uses a progressive approach to education using Project Based Learning within the context of the Multiple Intelligences, a culture of critical and creative thinking, and a culture of decency and respect.
The selected candidate will teach physical education and health. In addition, the selected candidate will be an advisor to 15 middle school students. For more information, go to www.sheboyganmosaic.org.