Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
July 30, 2013
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applications will be accepted only through the Wisconsin Education Career Access Network (WECAN). Go to: http://services.education.wisc.edu/wecan/pub/vList.cfm?inst=7342 to view the vacancy and to submit your application materials.
SPECIAL EDUCATION (CROSS-CATEGORICAL) TEACHER
THE MOSAIC SCHOOL
1. Must be Wisconsin DPI certified in special education Emotional Behavior Disability (EBD), grades 6-12 and Learning Disabilities (LD), or Cross-Categorical (CC), grades 6-12.
2. Evidence of knowledge and application of or willingness to become knowledgeable with application in the following topics over the next three years: Multiple Intelligences, Making Thinking Visible, Teaching for Understanding, and Project Based Learning.
3. Knowledge and experience working with EBD, LD, and CDB students.
4. Must be able to show previous students' successes.
5. Preferred training and experience in behavior management.
6. Strong communications skills, both written and oral, as they apply to parents and fellow staff members.
7. Ability and willingness to work in a collegial setting with staff.
8. Evidence of successful parent involvement strategies.
9. Evidence of commitment to own professional growth.
10. Willingness to be involved in extended-day teaching activities and/or programs.
Ability to work with various learning styles, relate to a wide variety of individuals, possess a good concept of inclusion and a focus on the future academic, social, and emotional needs of EBD, LD, and CDB students. Must be knowledgeable in the IEP process. Must be able to work as a team player with teachers, support staff, administration, parents, and community agencies. Excellent communication skills are essential. Knowledge and experience in working toward inclusion of CWD students in regular classrooms providing the needed levels of support. Knowledge/experience with full inclusion/content mastery programs. Desire to work with other staff to create best possible learning environment. Content area expertise in both language arts (reading, writing, listening, speaking) and mathematics is essential.
The Mosaic School is a grades 6-8 public charter school in the SASD. The Mosaic School uses a progressive approach to education using Project Based Learning within the context of the Multiple Intelligences, a culture of critical and creative thinking, and a culture of decency and respect.
The selected candidate will work with a diverse set of special needs students to support their learning in all subjects and projects. Additionally, the selected candidate will meet daily with an advisory of 15 students to help guide their learning. For more information, go to www.sheboyganmosaic.org.