Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
August 13, 2014
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on August 20, 2014. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applications will be accepted only through the Wisconsin Education Career Access Network (WECAN). Go to: http://services.education.wisc.edu/wecan/pub/vList.cfm?inst=7342 to view the vacancy and to submit your application materials.
LANGUAGE ARTS/CREATIVE WRITING TEACHER
I.D.E.A.S. ACADEMY/THE MOSAIC SCHOOL
1. Must be Wisconsin DPI certified to teach language arts in grades 6-12 (300 or 334) and/or broadfield language arts (301), and experience teaching high school English, literature, communications, and/or rhetoric.
2. Strong background in writing and literature, as evidenced by academic preparation, professional experience, and personal interests.
3. Experience developing curriculum that integrates English/Language Arts with other disciplines and using technology to augment instruction in a one-to-one Chromebook environment.
4. Strong communication skills and leadership abilities.
5. Experience teaching in diverse and inclusive classrooms.
6. Experience building and maintaining a community within the classroom and school culture.
7. Must possess knowledge or willing to become knowledgeable in the following topics: Making Thinking Visible, Guided Discipline, Reaching and Engaging All Learners, and Project Based Learning.
IDEAS Academy and The Mosaic School are seeking an English/Language Arts Teacher for grades 6-12. As public charter schools within the Sheboygan Area School District, IDEAS and Mosaic offer a rigorous academic program focused on innovative thinking and creative problem solving. This is an opportunity to join a dedicated team of educators committed to using inquiry-based projects within the context of disciplinary learning. Our language arts program is infused within all disciplines - making this position key to our curriculum. Our creative writing program teaches students the skills to communicate their ideas through short stories, poetry, novels and other forms of creative writing. The ideal candidate will teach two creative writing classes, oversee the development of writing portfolios for a select number of high school students, and teach a project based creative writing course for high school students
Our partnerships with Educators for Social Responsibility and Harvard’s Project Zero are the basis for our continuous professional development and our Advisory program. All IDEAS Academy staff members facilitate an Advisory - working with a small group of students to support social/emotional growth and provide academic advisement. All of this intentional work contributes to our unique culture of decency and trust and our environment of active and applied learning. For more information, go to http://ideasacademy.org/curriculum/overview/ and http://sheboyganmosiac.org.