Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
November 18, 2013
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on December 2, 2013. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applications will be accepted only through the Wisconsin Education Career Access Network (WECAN). Go to: http://services.education.wisc.edu/wecan/pub/vList.cfm?inst=7342 to view the vacancy and to submit your application materials.
JEFFERSON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
1. Must be Wisconsin DPI certified as a reading teacher (316) and/or reading specialist (317) or working toward these certifications.
2. Must also be Wisconsin DPI certified grades EC-8 with previous classroom experience. Ability to work well with students of varying abilities and diverse populations within small group and individual settings.
3. Ability to cooperatively plan an instructional program for students identified in need of specific remedial and/or higher level interventions.
4. Knowledge and application of a Response to Intervention (RtI) multi-tiered system of support.
5. Knowledge of reading and math invention programs and materials.
6. Evidence of having led collegial instructional/learning team meetings.
7. Ability to provide modeling of instructional techniques in reading and math.
8. Must possess strong technology skills.
9. Must possess strong math skills.
Reading: Ability to ascertain, through formal and informal methods, the reading strengths and weaknesses of individual students and report results to staff and parents. Knowledge of and experience with literacy instruction and intervention programs. Ability to flexibly schedule time to meet student and teacher needs.
Math: Ability to ascertain, through formal and informal methods, the math strengths and weaknesses of individual students and report results to staff and parents. Knowledge of and experience with math instruction and interventions.
Demonstrate expertise in the district’s reading, language arts, and math programs. Provide direct instruction to individual/small groups of students. Coordinate and help in the administration and analysis of reading and math achievement and/or diagnostic testing. Utilize progress monitoring tools to determine whether instruction/interventions are positively impacting student achievement. Communicate instructional programming and student progress to parents, teachers, and administrator. Other duties as assigned by the building administrator.
The Sheboygan Area School District is a strong advocate of best practice. Our District educational goals are centered on a Professional Learning Community model. We further support our PLC process with Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports (PBIS), Response to Intervention (RtI), and 21st Century Skills. Successful candidate(s) for employment in our District need to have a strong working knowledge of the above listed best practice concepts that are the centerpieces of our District goals.