Thank you for your interest in the Sheboygan Area School District!
The Sheboygan Area School District is the largest school district in Sheboygan County and provides a wealth of opportunities for your child from 4-year-old kindergarten through college courses offered in our high schools. With 26 schools in total, our district currently operates 9 charter schools and a variety of unique programs that are not offered in other districts in our area.
The Sheboygan Area School District is a progressive, innovative school district. We have an ambitious Long Range Plan to guide the district's work over the next several years.
On average, over 70% of our teachers hold a Master's degree, so be assured that your child will have highly qualified teachers.
The Sheboygan Area School District Offers:
- Four-year-old Kindergarten program
- Dual Language program (English and Spanish)
- starting in 4K or Kindergarten
- an impressive network of neighborhood and charter schools - view the school listing page to see your school options
- a Digital Transformation plan that includes the use of 1:1 digital devices for students. Highlights for next year include all North and South High School students receiving Chromebooks, the middle schools continuing use of iPads and wireless access points being improved at the elementary level to support additional devices.
- A positive behavior system commonly referred to as PBIS, which stands for Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports. PBIS focuses on recognizing and rewarding students for making good behavior choices, as well as teaching expected behaviors as needed. PBIS is being implements throughout the district over the next few years.
- Wide variety of after-school programs and enrichment activities
- Wealth of diversity representing the real world
- Award-winning fine arts programs
- Band and Orchestra offered in elementary school
- Technology-rich classrooms utilize iPads, Chromebooks, SmartBoards, iPods, laptops, video cameras and GPS units.
- 300+ high school courses
- Honors courses in all academic areas
- College courses available for both credit and advanced placement
- Innovative Career Pathways designed to help students prepare for their future career goals
- House construction project - check out the progress on this year's house project
- Online courses available
- And much more!
If you would like to learn more about a specific school or program in our district, we encourge you to set up a personal tour or visit with the principal. Or call us at 920-459-6767 and we will set up a visit for you.
Not sure which school is your neighborhood school? Use our Address Locator Tool to find out.
Even if you live outside our district boundaries, you can still attend the Sheboygan Area School District throught the Wisconsin Open Enrollment program. To enroll tuition-free, there is a strict enrollment period of February 4 through April 30, 2013.
Request more information about the Sheboygan Area School District here!