North Students Qualify for State History Day Competition
Thirty Sheboygan North High students recently participated in the Regional History Day competition. The regional competition was held at UW-Green Bay. Six entries from North students advanced to the state contest. This year more than a third of the qualifying entries from the entire Northeast Region came from North High. The state qualifiers will compete in Madison for the State contest.
The state qualifiers from North are:
- Casey Campbell and Nathan Ledvina - Documentary - The Kennedy Assassination: Conspiracy of the Ages
- Chamila Amithirigala - Documentary - The League of Nations: A Failed Endeavor for Peace and Diplomacy
- Nicole Galicia - Website - The Kohler Strike of 1954
- Magan Wildman, Andrea McAtee, and Ashley Krueger - Exhibit - Free India Movement
- Maggie Clarke - Historical Paper - The Successes, Failures, and Consequences of Dropping the Atomic Bomb in WWII
- Sammie Leibham - Historical Paper - Title IX in Women's Sports
North High School's History Day teachers are Tony Gentine, Maria Jesinski, Janet Massimo and Sylvia Nicora.
Sheboygan Area School District Press Release
April 12, 2011