What Are The Outcome of a PBIS Schools?
- 80% of students (and staff) can tell you what is expected and give a behavioral example because the expectations have been taught, actively supervised, practiced, and acknowledged
- Positive adult-to-student interactions exceed negative
- Function based behavior support is the foundation for addressing problem behavior
- Data- & team-based action planning and implementation are operating
- High rates of continuous active supervision and positive reinforcement
- Administrators are active participants.
- Full continuum of behavior support is available to all students
Success of PBIS = Increased Academic Time
An Example of the Savings in Instructional Time by Reduced Discipline Problems
Than: What would a reduction of 100 office referrals and 10 suspensions mean?
- Each Office Discipline Referral (ODR) takes involves 45 minutes of student instructional time
- Each suspension involves about 360 minutes of student instructional time
- Instructional time is increased by 4500 minutes
- Instructional time is increased by 3600 minutes
- Total savings would be 135 hours or 22.5 school days of instructional time