We have posted the results of our first student and staff surveys regarding the educational use of iPads in the sixth grade classrooms.
The results show how the iPads are used as a tool for education. Some of the highlights from the survey show that:
- The majority of teachers regularly use the iPads in their teaching
- iPad use is particularly strong in English, Math, Science and Social Studies
- Use of the iPads is increasingly being developed for research, skill development, creating presentations and collaboration with peers and teachers
- Students are more motivated when using iPads
- Levels of collaborative working have improved
- Teachers and students find the iPad easy to use
View Survey Results:
The surveys will be used to aid in our planning for year 2 of the digital conversion plan, which includes the distribution of iPads to all middle school students and staff development for teachers.