Grant Development Resources
Funding Sources - Search for funding opportunities through a variety federal, state, and foundation sources.
Grant Development Procedures
Grants $2,500 and Above
Grants under $2,500
Notify Mark Holzman, Assistant Superintendent, of your intent to apply and award status.
(920) 459-4030 or email@example.com
Approval by the Board of Education is required prior to proposal submittal.
- 2 Weeks Prior to Board Meeting – Contact Mark Holzman, Assistant Superintendent, to have the grant put on the Board agenda.
- 1 Week Prior to Board Meeting – Submit the “9 Point” Board Form to Mark Holzman, Assistant Superintendent to be included in the Board packet.
- Board Meeting – The project leader and other key staff must attend the meeting to provide a brief presentation and answer questions regarding the proposal. The Board votes to approve or disapprove the proposal.
Grant Development Process
Are you ready to develop a grant project & proposal?
You are ready if you can respond positively to the following:
Purpose: Can you articulate why you are seeking a grant?
Perspective: Can you articulate how the initiative is connected to the “bigger picture”?
- Is the “why” bigger than asking for money or things?
- Can you describe who will benefit from the project?
- How they will be different (i.e. knowledge, attitude & behavior)?
- What positive conditions will you be creating, what problem(s) will be solved and/or what needs will be met?
People: Have you connected with the right people for perspective, assistance and/or support?
- Can you describe how the project connects to district-wide goals & policies?
- Are there clear connections with department and/or building goals?
- How will components of the project align with research and best practice?
- Have you talked with colleagues others with similar interests and/or overlapping responsibilities?
- Have you connected with supervisors/administrators who oversee programs and/or services related to the initiative?
- Have you obtained support from district and community partners?
- Are you ready to provide initiative and serve as the project leader?
If you are ready to proceed...see above for resources available & procedures to follow.