Register for School

Registration of New Students

Parents with school-age children who are new to the community and those moving within the school district boundaries are encouraged to register at their child(ren)’s new school as soon as possible.

To find your neighborhood school, use our School Locator Tool.

We require a birth certificate to verify the birth date and legal name of your child(ren). A recent report card from the last school attended is also helpful. Children must be four years old on or before September 1 of the current school year to begin four-year-old kindergarten or five years old on or before September 1 of the current school year to begin kindergarten in the Sheboygan Area School District.

Parents or guardians with questions about registering their child(ren) or school boundaries may call the Central Office Census Department at 920-459-3535 for assistance.


Wisconsin law requires that all children entering school for the first time be immunized against diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, polio, measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis B and varicella. Immunization requirements can be waived only if a signed health, personal conviction or religious exemption is filed with the school.


Your child will receive transportation to and from school if you reside outside the corporate limits of the City of Sheboygan and two miles or more from school. Middle and high school students residing within the City of Sheboygan must live more than four miles from their assigned school to receive free transportation. Children from rural or other designated hazardous areas will also be transported. For more information, contact your child(ren)’s school or the Transportation Department at 920-459-3569.

School Choice

Families living within the Sheboygan Area School District have many options when it comes to choosing a school. Each home address within the district boundaries has pre-determined neighborhood schools that students may attend. Enrollment is guaranteed at your neighborhood school. Parents may also use our School Choice program to request a transfer to a different school within our district. In addition to our neighborhood schools, the Sheboygan Area School District offers a variety of charter schools and unique programs that offer new and different learning environments for students.

Open Enrollment

Parents have a right to request their children attend a different school district other than where they reside through the Wisconsin Open Enrollment Program. The Open Enrollment program allows students outside the Sheboygan Area School District to enroll in our schools without paying tuition.