The mission of the Sheboygan Area School District is to equip all students with a foundation of knowledge and skills through quality instruction, opportunities, and a positive learning environment, in an active partnership with the family and community, reinforcing values which will inspire them to access the opportunities of this society, strive for excellence in their endeavors and contribute as responsible citizens.
Urban's Vision Statement:
- Urban Middle School will have a learning environment where students demonstrate their proficiency on benchmarks at agreed upon levels.
- We will use data appropriately, adjust instruction and monitor student progress.
- Urban Middle School will use a wide variety of instructional activities to meet the needs of our diverse population, while promoting leadership within the school community.
- Working together, Urban Middle School will continuously support students, staff and parents in their efforts until they successfully achieve their goals.
- Urban Middle School will celebrate success.
- A highly knowledgeable and effective staff
- Consistent assessments and timely feedback
- Flexibility within instruction and accommodations for different learning styles which lead to life-learning
- Collaboration, communication and goal setting
- Recognition of academic, personal and social success for students and staff.