About Wilson's PTA

PTA Executive Committee

A PTA Executive Committee member is part of the Site Based Council. Our involvement on that Council is an important part of the cooperation between the staff and PTA. Through these meetings, we have coordinated several special events for students and families. The PTA, on many occasions, has asked for volunteers to help out and also "treats", etc. for the kids. When the PTA has a request for teacher support and input on an event, the ideas presented at a Site Based Council meeting are taken into consideration. Some of these PTA events may then be scheduled as part of the curriculum such as the Rock-N-Read program. Having a PTA member involved on the Site Council has helped staff and PTA work together for students and families of Wilson School.

Executive Committee members for 2013-2014 are:

President: Kristin Murphy 912-3300
Vice-President: Craig Lallensack 693-3156
Secretary: Tammy Schoening 458-0660
Treasurer: Sara Eder 912-5143

Return to Top



Event Chairpersons 2013-2014
100th Day Ice Cream Social

Sara Eder

Kristin Murphy

912-5143
912-3300
All School Picnic

Sara Eder

Kristin Murphy

912-5143
912-3300
Box Tops for Education

Tammy Schoening

458-0660

Campbell’s Labels Laura Carman 904-571-1741
Culver's Night

Kristin Murphy

912-3300

Elections Committee Angela Nienhuis 207-5346
Fall Fest Ryan Salm
    FOOD:   Tyler Greene
    VOLUNTEERS: Allison Thompson
    GAMES/DJ: John Koehler
    DONATIONS: 
627-4852
287-4065
451-8815
458-4956
Faye's Pizza Sara Eder 912-5143
Fall Costume Dance

Amy Thelen

Shua Yang

980-6859

254-0336

Fifth Grade Banquet

Kristin Murphy

Kathryn Howard

912-3300

254-1484

Helping Hands Mary Vorpahl 457-9359
Market Day Angela Nienhuis 207-5346
Memory Book Lisa Schultz 414-573-5957
Qdoba Nights Lisa Schultz 414-573-5957
Red Wolf Bookstore

Jennie Holmes 
Tammy Schoening

Sara Eder

459-3688
458-0660

912-5143

Santa’s Secret Shop

Amanda Gilliam

Heather Grabowski

254-9648

627-2937

Scholarship

Chad Renzelmann

Craig Lallensack

459-3688

693-3156

School Tool Box Kristin Murphy 912-3300
SCRIP Megan Wilbert 627-1437
Spring Dance Amy Thelen 980-6859
Staff PT Conferences Dinner

Sara Eder

Kristin Murphy

912-5143

912-3300

Teacher Representative Jennie Holmes 459-3688
Wilson Wear Kristin Murphy 912-3300

 

Return to Top



Teacher Participation

One objective of the PTA is to build a closer home-school relationship.  The teachers at Wilson School continue to support PTA in a variety of ways:

  • Promoting the organization to parents and families in order to address the physical, mental, and social education of children.
  • Becoming members of PTA.  The staff has received the National PTA "Keeper of the Dreams Award" for increasing membership two years in a row.  They have also received the 100% Staff Membership Award.
  • Supporting PTA events.  Last year 97% of the teaching staff attended, helped at, or supervised successful PTA events for families.

The partnership that has been established with the PTA is one the teaching staff considers vital to benefiting the students of Wilson Elementary School. The teacher representative to PTA is Jennie Holmes.

Return to Top


 

PTA Membership

Our PTA membership drive starts at registration and continues throughout the school year. Of the $6.00 membership fee, 75% benefits children in Wisconsin as well as the nation, while the other 25% stays right here at Wilson School. Each year the PTA provides vital resources for Wilson students and staff. Past purchases have included computers, internet access, playground equipment, audiovisual equipment, library materials, and much, much more.


PTA Home Page

 

Return to Top