- Sheboygan Area School District was recently named to the 4th Annual AP Honor Roll for opening AP classroom doors to a significantly broader pool of students (Nov 2013)
- Grant Elementary School and Jefferson Elementary School have been recognized as Wisconsin Schools of Recognition. Grant has been recognized for the last four years and Jefferson has been recognized for this last six years with this achievement. (Sept 2013)
- Sheridan Elementary School was recognized as a School of Distinction by the Wisconsin PBIS Network for accomplishing tremendous work through the implementation of Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS). (Jul 2013)
- Winner of the "What Parents Want" award presented by SchoolMatch for having the qualities most parents look for when choosing a school for their child. The SASD has been recognized every year for the last ten years.
- Sheboygan, WI was rated as the second safest metro area in the nation, by CQ Press in their publication City Crime Rankings 2009-2010. Student safety and security is a top priority for the Sheboygan Area School District.
- Wilson Elementary School was recognized as a 2005 Blue Ribbon School by the U.S. Department of Education based on the school’s quality of academic, co-curricular and special education programs, and staff.
- Winner of the Energy Star National Energy Pacesetter Award. Seventeen SASD Schools are energy star-rated schools. North, South, Farnsworth, Horace Mann, Jackson, Wilson, James Madison, Early Learning Center, Longfellow, Sheridan, Jefferson, Grant, Cooper, Pigeon River, Lincoln-Erdman, Grant, Washington have attained Energy Star Ratings as of April 2009.