Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
January 20, 2014
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on January 27, 2014. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applicants should provide the following to ensure consideration:
• cover letter
• district classified application
INSTRUCTIONAL MEDIA CENTER (IMC) AND
READING SUPPORT EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT
JEFFERSON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
1. Minimum of two years of college (48 college credits) or an associate degree.
2. Ability to use the IMC’s Alexandria computerized circulation system or willing to be trained.
3. Must have a basic understanding of the working of an instructional media center.
4. Previous experience working with EC - grade 5 children.
5. Experience monitoring large and small groups of students.
6. Experience working in an IMC setting preferred.
7. Trained or willing to be trained in SOAR to Success or other early intervention programming, 6-Trait Writing, Junior Great Books, and Phonemic Awareness.
8. Ability to model personal enjoyment of reading.
9. Experience motivating large and small groups of students of varying abilities and diverse populations.
10. Experience adhering to a rigid schedule.
11. Experience supporting teacher developed activities utilizing the reading strategies of phonics/phonemic awareness, comprehension, fluency, vocabulary development, and writing.
12. Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills.
13. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
14. CPI trained or willing to be trained.
15. Ability to set up for MAP training and/or be trained as a building backup for the Library/Technology Educational Assistant.
16. Ability to shelve library books within the Dewey Decimal System.
This position will involve 7.0 hours per day, five days per week during the school year. The starting rate of pay for each position is of $11.43 per hour. Prorated benefits.
Operate the IMC Alexandria computerized circulation system. Manage the IMC. Maintain the physical room, including shelving of materials and general clerical duties. Supervise students and implement duties assigned by the reading specialist and principal for 60 minutes per week in classrooms providing prep time for the classroom teacher. Ability to supervise children in non-classroom settings such as the cafeteria, hallways, and playground. Bus duty may be assigned. Other duties as assigned by the reading specialist and building administrator.