Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
December 12, 2013
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on January 2, 2014. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applicants should provide the following to ensure consideration:
• cover letter
• district classified application
SPECIAL EDUCATION ONE-TO-ONE (OHI) EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT
HORACE MANN MIDDLE SCHOOL
1. Minimum of two years of college (48 college credits) or an associate degree.
2. Must hold a Wisconsin DPI Special Education Certification #883 or be certifiable.
3. Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
4. Successful experience working with children.
5. Assist teacher in providing instruction to individual and groups of students, and supervising classroom activities for example: must be able to model correct language techniques, grammar, and articulation as well as correct reading miscues.
6. Must be able to lift and transfer students.
7. Must be willing and able to deal with daily self-help skills, including diapering, toileting, showering, etc.
8. Must be computer literate to assist students in the computer lab.
9. Working knowledge of district instructional software as well as Internet experience.
10. Ability to work individually with small groups of children on various academic areas.
11. The ability to assist with social skill development and educational requirements.
12. Ability to supervise children in non-classroom settings such as hallways and grounds.
13. Must be CPI trained or be willing to be trained.
14. Bus duty (riding the bus with the student) is required.
This position involves 7.0 hours per day, 5 days per week during the school year. The starting rate of pay for this position is $11.37 per hour. Prorated benefits.
Will assist in classroom and material preparation in one-on-one and small group situations. May be asked to assist with other special education students. Must be a team player. Be an independent worker without prompts from teacher. Someone with a positive outlook on life and a good sense of humor. Other duties as assigned by the teacher or administrator.