Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
November 21, 2013
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on December 5, 2013. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applicants should provide the following to ensure consideration:
• cover letter
• district classified application
WILSON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Custodial training or work experience with custodial duties.
3. Experience or training with hand and power tools.
4. Knowledge and ability to operate boilers, heating and ventilating equipment.
5. Ability to set up and operate all floor/carpet cleaning equipment, lawn mowers and snow removal equipment.
6. Ability to demonstrate and perform minimal servicing skills in troubleshooting of plumbing and electrical systems.
7. Mechanically inclined, with the ability to perform minor repairs.
8. Ability to communicate with building principal, staff, students, and others.
9. Ability to work as a team member.
10. Conflict resolution ability.
11. Demonstration of being reliable and dependable based on attendance.
12. Experience related to working with minimal supervision, being a self-starter, and taking the initiative.
13. Available to work additional hours including special events, weekend events, and building checks.
14. Able to lift forty (40) pounds overhead, unassisted and able to work in confined spaces or elevated positions (scaffold, extension ladders, etc.).
The hours for the position are eight hours per day, 3:00 to 11:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Summer hours may differ. The starting rate for this position is $13.25 per hour.
Cleaning classrooms, washrooms, and hallways. Stripping, sealing, and waxing floors. Snow removal and lawn care.