Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
July 29, 2014
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on August 7, 2014. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applications will be accepted only through the Wisconsin Education Career Access Network (WECAN). Go to: http://services.education.wisc.edu/wecan/pub/ss_vList.cfm?inst=7342 to view the vacancy and to submit your application materials.
SPECIAL EDUCATION (CROSS-CATEGORICAL) EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT
MADISON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
1. Minimum of two years of college (48 college credits) or an associate degree.
2. Wisconsin DPI Special Education certification #883 or certifiable.
3. Experience working with children with Autism preferred.
4. Ability to use commercial and specialized software with students on the computer.
5. Ability to implement strategies and techniques for the sensory needs of the autistic child.
6. Ability to self-monitor and prioritize the daily/weekly duties and responsibilities of the position with little supervision.
7. Possess the ability to work with one student and small groups with activities and floor time.
8. Ability to assist students with feeding and toileting.
9. Ability to assemble individualized schedules that are prepared by the teacher.
10. Ability to implement consistency, routine, consequences, and rewards for students.
11. Ability to provide daily communication with parents through personal contact and written correspondence.
12. Assist teacher in providing instruction to individual and groups of students, and supervising classroom activities for example: must be able to model correct language techniques, grammar, and articulation as well as correct reading miscues.
13. Ability to collect data and record it consistently.
14. Must be CPI (Non-Violent Crisis Intervention) trained or willing to be trained.
15. Have experience with PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System) or willing to be trained.
16. Must have some knowledge or experience with commercial and or specialized equipment (augmentative communication devices).
17. Have experience with ASL (American Sign Language) or willing to be trained.
18. Will be required to ride the bus with students.
The position will involve 7.0 hours per day, 5 days per week during the school year. The starting rate for this position is $11.50 per hour. Prorated benefits.
Work with cross-categorical teacher and regular education teacher. Assist the teacher in developing and producing necessary curriculum materials. Responsible for documentation of behavioral program under the teacher's direction. Other duties as assigned by the teacher or administrator.