Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
August 20, 2014
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on August 28, 2014. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applications will be accepted only through the Wisconsin Education Career Access Network (WECAN). Go to: http://services.education.wisc.edu/wecan/pub/ss_vList.cfm?inst=7342 to view the vacancy and to submit your application materials.
SECRETARY (JOB GRADE 7)
HORACE MANN MIDDLE SCHOOL
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Two-year Administrative Assistant Program or similar training in administrative secretarial courses.
3. Three years of successful secretarial experience.
4. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Must be customer oriented and demonstrate effective working relationships with staff, students, parents, and the community in a positive manner.
6. Experience and ability to use Outlook and Microsoft Office: Excel (databases, spreadsheets) and Word, including creating reports and collecting/processing data. Must also have the ability to use InDesign and Google Docs.
7. Must possess excellent organizational skills and time management skills.
8. Ability to work with children.
9. Ability to recognize problems and take the initiative to solve them.
10. Ability to utilize the Student Record System including student scheduling, student census, and all student records (including immunizations, attendance, and registration of students).
11. Ability to enroll and withdraw all students.
12. Ability to maintain all student records (database, cumulative folders, health records).
13. Ability to learn the duties of co-workers in order to ensure team success.
14. Ability to substitute for other building secretaries as needed.
15. Ability to perform other duties as assigned by the building principal.
16. Ability to work successfully with constant interruptions.
17. Experience to demonstrate the organization and prioritization of job responsibilities as well as being flexible.
18. Ability to distribute student medication and assist/monitor student health concerns.
19. Ability to be confidential with all building interactions.
This position will involve 11 months per year, 8.0 hours per day, Monday through Friday, August 1 through June 30. The starting rate of pay for this position is $13.25 per hour.