Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
January 17, 2014
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on January 27, 2014. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applicants should provide the following to ensure consideration:
• cover letter
• district classified application
SECRETARY (Job Grade 8)
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL FOR THE ARTS AND ACACDMICS
1. Two-year post secondary education or two-year Administrative Assistant Program or similar training in administrative secretarial courses.
2. Four years of successful secretarial experience preferred.
3. Evidence of excellent performance.
4. Experience and ability to demonstrate the production of error-free documents that demonstrates correct grammar and sentence construction, attention to detail, proper layout, proofreading, and editing.
5. Experience and ability to demonstrate the organization and prioritization of job responsibilities as well as being flexible.
6. Experience and ability to work independently, to be proactive, and to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
7. Experience and ability to document the distribution of student medication and assist/monitor/document the student health room. CPR and First Aid certification is preferred.
8. Experience and ability to solve problems in a creative manner.
9. Experience and ability to manage the daily, weekly, and monthly operations of student and adult lunch accounts.
10. Experience and ability to demonstrate the use of Outlook and Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
11. Ability to demonstrate time management and organizational skills.
12. Ability to demonstrate verbal and written communication skills within a specific timeline.
13. Ability to maintain daily attendance reports and notification associated with pupil attendance.
14. Possess the experience and ability to demonstrate effective working relationships in a positive manner with staff, students, parents, and the community.
15. Ability to order bus transportation for fieldtrips throughout the school year.
16. Experience and ability to demonstrate basic accounting tasks.
17. Knowledge and experience with a computer system for purchasing, attendance.
18. Ability to demonstrate the organization and management of an office budget.
19. Ability to write and/or create correspondence letters, brochures, and newsletters within a specific timeline.
20. Ability to make appropriate timely decisions in the absence of the principal.
21. Excellent interpersonal skills.
22. Advanced keyboarding skills and a working knowledge of the operation of all office equipment.
23. Must like and enjoy working with children.
24. Willing to work beyond normal workday when necessary.
25. Ability to complete Federal, State, and District reports.
26. Ability to perform other duties as assigned by the building administrator.
This position will involve 8 hours per day, Monday through Friday, 11 months per year (August 1 through June 30). The starting rate of pay for this position is $13.85 per hour.