Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
August 13, 2013
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applications will be accepted only through the Wisconsin Education Career Access Network (WECAN). Go to: http://services.education.wisc.edu/wecan/pub/vList.cfm?inst=7342 to view the vacancy and to submit your application materials.
MATH TEACHER - 40% POSITION
1. Must be Wisconsin DPI certified in Math (400), grades 6-8.
2. A willingness to be trained or have training in the following areas: Multiple
Intelligences, Making Thinking Visible, Advisory, Guided Discipline, Reaching and
Engaging All Learners, and Project Based Learning.
3. Strong communications skills, both written and oral, as they apply to parents and
fellow staff members.
4. Ability and willingness to work in a collegial setting with staff.
5. Evidence of successful parent involvement strategies.
6. Evidence of commitment to own professional growth.
7. Have training/experience in working with CWD and ELL students in an integrated
8. Willingness to be involved in extended-day teaching activities and/or programs.
This position requires the candidate to teach high school math through a project based
framework integrating skill development with application of knowledge and skills. . In
addition to social studies classes, the selected candidate will have an advisory that
meets daily and will work with a cohort of students during the project block.
IDEAS (Innovation through Design Engineering, Arts and Sciences) Academy is a public
charter school within the SASD. IDEAS Academy uses a progressive approach to education
coupling academics and arts/design/engineering coursework to create student led projects
that solve problems or reinterpret issues and concepts. IDEAS Academy fosters a culture
of creative and critical thinking in a democratic community based on decency and trust.
The selected candidate will work with a diverse set of special needs students to support
their learning in all subjects and projects. Additionally, the selected candidate will
meet daily with an advisory of 15 students to help guide their learning. For more
information, please visit www.ideasacademy.org.