Department of Human Resources
SHEBOYGAN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
830 Virginia Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
November 27, 2013
The following vacancy exists in the Sheboygan Area School District. All interested persons shall make written application to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resourcesby 4:00 p.m. on December 10, 2013. The Sheboygan Area School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, marital or parental status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
Applicants should provide the following to ensure consideration:
• cover letter
• district classified application
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license with a good driving record. Employment is contingent upon District’s insurance carrier approving insurability due to past and future driving record.
3. Licensed journeyman electrician.
4. Must have two years experience beyond apprenticeship in the electrical field.
5. Ability to troubleshoot various types of electrical equipment.
6. Ability to install new service panels.
7. Ability to repair electrical tools, appliances, and similar equipment.
8. Ability to install fire alarm and security systems.
9. Ability to troubleshoot and maintain stage lighting.
10. Ability to troubleshoot and repair motor controls, VFD, pump motors, and HVAC equipment.
11. Ability to design and install lighting including interior and exterior lighting.
12. Experience and ability to communicate and work as a team member with building principals, staff, students, and others.
13. Must provide basic hand tools.
14. Must work cooperatively with team members.
15. Demonstration of being reliable and dependable based on attendance.
16. Ability to lift 50 (fifty) pound weight overhead.
17. Ability to work in confined spaces or elevated positions (scaffold, extension ladders) in all types of weather for extended periods of time.
The hours for this position are 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. The pay range for this position is $20.32 - $25.59 per hour.
Record the number of hours needed to complete a job and the material used on each work order. Meet with building administrative or custodial staff to discuss maintenance problems or procedures. Meet with representatives of contractors and vendors to discuss maintenance problems or procedures. With the approval of the supervisor of Maintenance, purchase materials or supplies from local dealers. Work with the Supervisor of Maintenance to develop specifications and review plans. Assist in the Capital Improvements Plan process.