At the July 28 meeting, the Board of Education approved the below mitigation and response measures for the 2021-2022 school year:
- In alignment with the CDC stance that vaccination is currently the leading public health prevention strategy, the District will continue to promote vaccination opportunities for eligible students and staff.
- Recommended but optional for all students and staff.
- Masks will be required for riders on all yellow school buses.
- Masking is highly encouraged for unvaccinated individuals.
- Students and staff should stay home if they are ill. If an individual has a fever in combination with other COVID-19 symptoms they would need to remain at home and be fever free for at least 24 hours and have improved symptom conditions before returning to school/work. COVID-19 testing is recommended for unvaccinated individuals.
Quarantine of Close Contacts - Household members
- If vaccinated, quarantine is not necessary.
- If unvaccinated, household member(s) would need to follow the quarantine parameters established by the Sheboygan County Public Health Department.
Quarantine of Close Contacts - Non-household
- Notification of potential exposure will be sent to parent/staff member.
- If unvaccinated, parent/staff member will be asked to monitor for any symptoms for a period of 14 days.
- The WI Department of Health Services is making both antigen and PCR testing available free to all public school districts.
- The District has submitted a request to participate in the free testing to address outbreak and special event situations.
- It is anticipated that additional information regarding testing locations and procedures will be forthcoming from the DHS in mid-August.
View the full presentation to the Board of Education below. More information will be shared with families closer to the start of the school year.