The Sheboygan Area School District is the largest school district in Sheboygan County and provides a wealth of opportunities for your child from 4-year-old kindergarten through college courses offered in our high schools. With 26 schools in total, our district currently operates 9 charter schools and a variety of unique programs that are not offered in other districts in our area. Not sure which school is your neighborhood school? Use our Address Locator Tool to find out.
The Sheboygan Area School District is a progressive, innovative school district. We have an ambitious Long Range Plan to guide the district's work over the next several years.
On average, over 70% of our teachers hold a Master's degree, so be assured that your child will have highly qualified teachers.
The Sheboygan Area School District Offers:
- Four-year-old Kindergarten (4K) program
- Early Learning Center is a building specially designed for our 4K students
- Dual Language program (English and Spanish)
- starting in 4K or Kindergarten
- An impressive network of neighborhood and charter schools - view the school listing page to see your school options
- Accessible technology to heighten student learning. All middle and high school students utilize chromebooks for home and school use to enrich and expand their learning.
- A positive behavior system commonly referred to as PBIS, which stands for Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports. PBIS focuses on recognizing and rewarding students for making good behavior choices, as well as teaching expected behaviors as needed.
- Wide variety of after-school programs and enrichment activities
- Wealth of diversity representing the real world
- Award-winning fine arts programs
- Band and Orchestra offered in elementary school
- Technology-rich classrooms utilize iPads, Chromebooks, SmartBoards, iPods, laptops, etc.
- 300+ high school courses
- 4 different world languages (Spanish, German, French and Chinese)
- Honors courses in all academic areas
- College Credit offered through Advanced Placement (AP), Cooperative Academic Partnership Program (CAPP), Advanced Standing and Transcripted Credit programs.
- 36 AP Courses
- Innovative Career Pathways designed to help students prepare for their future career goals
- State-of-the-art 12,000 sq. ft. manufacturing technology centers opened fall 2016
- Online courses available
- Our high schools offer 25 different sports and 35 different clubs organizations and activities.
- High school althletes complete in Division 1 of the premier Fox River Classic Conference
- And much more!
If you would like to learn more about a specific school or program in our district, we encourge you to set up a personal tour or visit with the principal. Or call us at 920-459-6767 and we will set up a visit for you.
Not sure which school is your neighborhood school? Use our Address Locator Tool to find out.
Even if you live outside our district boundaries, you can still attend the Sheboygan Area School District throught the Wisconsin Open Enrollment program.