Thank you for your interest in working for the Sheboygan Area School District. Sheboygan County is a great place to live and work. We are located between Green Bay and Milwaukee, right on Lake Michigan. A wide-range of restaurants, world-class golf courses, a nationally-acclaimed arts center and unique shopping offer something for everyone. A summer farmer’s market, concerts in the park, festivals and lake-side lounging provide lots of entertainment options for the whole family.

Hiring Process

  1. All interested candidates can apply for a position within the Sheboygan Area School District once it is vacant and has been posted. All vacancies for teachers, educational assistants, secretaries, food service, custodial, maintenance, administrative, and coaching positions are listed on the website. For noon supervisor positions, please contact the elementary school at which you are interested in working.
  2. If you are interested in applying for a vacant position, go to the Wisconsin Education Career Access Network (WECAN) website, create an applicant account, then submit your application through WECAN by 11:59 p.m. of the closing deadline. You must apply for each individual position you are interested in.
  3. Once the position closes, applications will be forwarded to the administrator in charge of hiring for the position. An interview team will interview selected candidates to determine who is best qualified and meets all of the requirements of the position. The position will be offered to the chosen candidate.
  4. If the interview team does not interview an applicant, he/she will receive an email indicating the position has been filled.

Substitute Teachers 

To be a Substitute Teacher for the Sheboygan Area School District you must have: 

  • A Current Wisconsin Educator License 
  • Or a Wisconsin Three Year Short Term Substitute License 
  • Do you have an Associate’s Degree or higher but not a Substitute Teacher License? Please contact us at (920) 459-3988 on how to obtain a Three Year Short Term Substitute License through the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction. 
  • Once you have located the vacancy then you will need to go to the WECAN website and create a profile and once you have completed your profile you will be able to apply for the Substitute Teacher

Regular and Substitute Noon Supervisor Applications 

We're always looking to fill Regular and Substitute Noon Supervisor roles. Explore our open positions across the District! 

Contact our Human Resources Department at (920) 459-6460.